20 Deliciously Simple DIY Lip Balm Recipes
There are so many kinds of lip balm out there, but it can be hard to find just the right one. What’s the solution? Make your own, of course! It’s surprisingly simple to whip up a batch of lip balm or tinted gloss that’s perfectly customized to your…taste. All you need is a base of beeswax or coconut oil, a flavor, and a tint, and you’re done! We rounded up 20 sweet variations, and we think they’re the balm.
1. Cupcake EOS Lip Tutorial: Talk about turning something plain into something totally Instagram-worthy! These DIY cupcake lip balms are made from used containers paired with some seriously hydrating (and fun) ingredients that you and your inner kid can get down with. (via DIY Projects for Teens)
2. 10 Minute DIY Lip Balm: With only three simple ingredients (beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil), you can have a homemade lip balm in less time than it takes you to go to the store and buy one. These are incredibly moisturizing and seriously fun to whip up. What more could you ask for?! (via Happiness Is Homemade)
3. Crystal Light Lip Balm: You can make this lippie in your kitchen easily for under $5. Only requiring some Crystal Light iced tea packets and Vaseline, meet the DIY project you can do in under ten minutes flat. Boom! (via Love U Madly)
4. Lime Lip Balm: Ring in the warmer weather with a DIY lime lip balm that will keep your lips soft and supple even in the heat of summer. We totally wouldn’t be opposed to pairing this lip balm with a margarita on a warm day, amiright? (via Simply Stacie)
5. DIY Tinted Raspberry Lip Balm: Using real raspberries, this lip balm tastes like a fruit smoothie (and who doesn’t love that?!). Aside from the yum factor, it also gives your lips loads of moisture and a natural pink tint. Hello, gorgeous! (via Hello Glow)
6. Homemade Plumping Lip Balm: For those craving plumped lips (ahem, Kylie Jenner), making this homemade cinnamon lip balm needs to be next on your to-do list. You can achieve fuller lips using natural ingredients instead of the tingling balms that can be uncomfortable (and expensive!). (via Hello Glow)
7. Raspberry Lemon Lip Balm: The perfect DIY project to start off the spring, you’ll love the way your lips feel after applying this beauty. We also dig that this project can be done in the microwave leaving you with a smaller cleanup! (via Simplistically Living)
8. Coconut Rose Lip Balm: The rose petals in these lip pots make for a beautiful presentation. You can also substitute in another favorite flower or herb. And there’s a bonus lip scrub in this post, too! (via My Baking Addiction)
9. Peppermint Lip Balm: There are a lot of things to love about this peppermint-flavor tinted balm, but our favorite thing is the use of an empty Altoids tin as the container. Genius! (via Beautylish)
11. Kool-Aid Lip Balm: Yes, we know what you’re thinking, Kool-Aid in a lip balm? Yes! Not only does it give the coconut oil and beeswax a pretty hue, but that you can also have tropical punch flavor. (via Style Me Pretty)
14. Pink Tinted Lip Balm: This lip balm is pretty basic, it has beeswax for a little bit of natural SPF and some melted lipstick for color. But the most helpful part of this post is the idea to use a large plastic syringe to fill the pots. (via Delia Creates)
18. DIY Lip Gloss: Each of these balms uses the same basic recipe. But this post has a great guide to different flavors and colors you can mix in. It’s basically a toolkit for creating your own recipes. (via girl. Inspired)
19. Homemade Birthday Cake Lip Balm: There’s cupcake and birthday cake flavored everything. So why not make your own lip balm with the flavor? The key is the buttercream cupcake oil. Sweet. (via Rebecca’s Soap Deli News)
Have you ever tried making your own lip balm? Tell us what you used and how it went @BritandCo!