For many adults, commuting is a big part of the daily routine that can start to feel stale or boring. This summer, it’s time to switch up your daily commute with a practical and fun DIY. Whether you walk, bike, ride or drive, these DIY projects will make your commute more fashionable and enjoyable.
2. No-Sew Tablet Case: If you typically commute by bus or train, this project is definitely for you. This case keeps your tablet scratch-free so you can spend your morning or evening enjoying your favorite eBook. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Basket Backpack: Picnic baskets aren’t easy to carry on a bike, moped, train or bus. This hack is ideal for wearing on your back so you can take advantage of after-work evenings in the park with your friends or that next outdoor date night with your sweetheart. (via Brit + Co)
4. Fuuvi Inspired Bike Bell: Be a considerate bike commuter by adding this colorful DIY bell to your set of wheels. It helps let pedestrians know that you’re coming up behind them to prevent collisions and adds personality to your bike. (via Idlewife)
5. DIY Tangle Free Headphones: Spend less time detangling your headphones and more time enjoying your favorite podcast. Your groggy morning self with thank you for being so organized. (via Kiss Me Awake)
6. Steering Wheel Cover: Brighten your daily drive with a colorful steering wheel cover. Not only is it cute, but it will also help keep your steering wheel cool on a hot summer day. (via Corner Window Crafts)
9. DIY Sneakers: Don’t scuff that adorable new pair of heels on your walk to work. Throw your work shoes in a tote and wear a cute pair of DIY sneakers to walk to the office. The colorful design on the pair above is guaranteed to put a little pep in your step. (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. DIY Polka Dot Bike Basket: Did we mention that we love polka dots? The mint green polka dots on this DIY bike basket are sure to bring a smile to your face even on a hectic morning. (via Sugar and Cloth)
What are your favorite commuter essentials? Hit us up in the comments section.