This DIY Turkey Hat Might Be Better Than the Real Thing
So you’ve got a menu of Friends Thanksgiving recipes and all your decorations are ready. You have the perfect wine picked out, and you’re just waiting for a few stragglers to RSVP. What’s left? Your outfit, of course!
This project is perfect if you’re looking to get creative this weekend. And don’t worry, if you’re a little rusty (or just starting out), make sure to check out our online crocheting class here!
MATERIALS (Available at Common Thread by DMC)
1. Use the curry-colored yarn (#92) to crochet the base hat. The finished base will be 14 rounds.
2. Make 2 turkey legs using #92 yarn. The finished legs will each be 16 rounds.
3. Fill the legs about three-quarters of the way with the fiberfill stuffing. Leave the ends open.
4. Make 2 leg bones using the white-colored yarn (#01). The finished bones will be 6 rounds.
5. Sew the finished legs onto the base hat using the craft needle and #92 yarn.
For full instructions, please download the project sheet above!
Voilà! Now you have a beautiful and fun headpiece-slash-centerpiece. Woot!
Share pics of your finished hat with us on Instagram! Tag @BritandCo and use the hashtag #iamcreative and #bcweekender.
(Photos via Common Thread by DMC)