How to Make a Stylish Wall Christmas Tree for Small Space Living
One of my fave things about the holidays is picking out the perfect Christmas tree and decorating it with the whole family. But if you live in a small city condo like I do, you already know: Living space is crucial and having a room large enough for a giant forest tree is nothing but a dream. So if you’re looking for an amazing small-space solution, then wall trees will work for you. We have a feeling they might become your new family tradition!
Materials and Tools:
- fake pine garland
- Poliplat panel (or MDF or similar)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Christmas ornaments
1. Take your panel and spot the center point of the top edge. Mark that spot. From the first mark, place 4 more marks spaced 7 inches apart and draw a horizontal line for each spot.
2. Take your garland and cut pieces to the following lengths: 7 inches, 10 inches, 13 inches and 16 inches.
3. Use the glue gun to attach the garland pieces to the panel. Start with the shortest piece at the top and then keep on adding strands of increasing lengths. Let the glue completely dry.
4. Add some cute ornaments of your choice.
First take your panel and find the center point of the top edge. Mark that spot with your pencil. Now start from the first mark and place four more marks spaced seven inches apart and draw a horizontal line for each spot. Next, take your pine garland and cut pieces to the following lengths: seven inches, 10 inches, 13 inches and 16 inches. At this point, take the glue gun and attach the garland pieces to the panel. Start with the shortest piece at the top and then keep on adding strands of increasing lengths. Be sure to attach just the central part of each mini garland so that it will be easier to add your Christmas ornaments on the ends of the branches. Lastly, when the glue is dry, decorate your tree. I used a mix of light blue, gold and white ornaments, but you can create any color combination you prefer. Voilà, you’re done!
Imagine how great this wall tree would look with tiny LED lights as well. We know what’s next on our “to buy” list now!
Are you looking for more Christmas decor ideas? Follow us on Pinterest for more beautiful inspo.