12 Cheeky Pieces of Dog-Themed Home Decor
Calling all dog lovers! Whether you’ve got one or find yourself visiting the local shelter on a monthly basis mulling over when the best time to finally adopt a puppy is, we’ve got some decor you’re gonna love. From bulldog pillows to the cone of shame in the form of a lamp, here are dozen cheeky pieces of dog-themed home decor.
1. Ceramic Dachshund Planter ($40): This bright orange planter is a vintage find via Etsy, and we love the quirkiness of the whole scene. Fill with succulents, herbs, or use as a platter for hors d’oeuvres and sweets.
2. Dogs Mug ($15): We’re assuming there’s a pug on this mug, just for the sake of rhyme. With a handful of different breeds and commands, consider this your Cliff Notes to obedience 101.
4. Dogs Wallpaper ($198): This wallpaper is definitely a splurge, but would make for a great accent wall in a powder room or pantry. You could also use it to decorate the back panels of an open shelving unit.
6. Dachshund Pillow Set ($50): Kind of a genius move to make a pair of pillows out of a Dachshund drawing, don’t you think? These would also make for some pretty awesome photo opps on the couch.
8. Dogs Art Print ($24): For some reason, this reminds us of a print you might see of some old school gangsters, mugging for the artist.
9. Scottie Dog Pencil Holder ($10): This rather cheeky pencil holder would add an adorable shot of whimsy to your desk or nightstand.
10. Sweet Dachshunds Dishtowel ($22): When it comes to decor, apparently dachshunds are where it’s at!
11. Hot Dog Daisy ($44): What looks like a pillow is actually a natural hot water bottle. It’s filled with lavender and made of a microwave safe material, so you simply nuke it in the microwave and get cozy.
12. Girlie Dog Cards ($18): Last, we’ve got pooches as fashion plates. This set of hilarious illustrated dog cards would look sweet framed up together in a little girl’s room or even in the living room :)
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!