14 Brilliant Ways to Light Up Your Workspace
Time to come out of the dark ages of boring fluorescent light fixtures! At Brit & Co, we firmly believe that just because a piece is functional doesn’t mean it has to be dull. How can you be creative if your workspace is humdrum? These desk lamps brighten up your desk and add a touch of flair where it’s needed.
1. Colorful Block Lamp ($39): Wishing you could just spend your work day playing with blocks? Well, this colorful and quirky desk lamp can be taken apart and put back together in a variety of designs… call it “brainstorming time”?
2. Dog Lamp ($151): It’s nearly impossible to look at this desk lamp without a smile on your face. Snag this adorable piece to get you through the dog days of summer!
3. Spider Desk Lamp ($108): This minimalist design of this desk lamp really cuts through the clutter with its timeless beauty.
6. Hironao Tsuboi Lamp ($74): This design-y lamp takes a plain light bulb and turns it on its head. Its understated beauty adds a bit of elegance to your workspace. If you’ve already got a great lamp base, go for just the bulb ($35).
7. Freestyle LED Lamp ($125): Can’t make up your mind? With this lamp, you don’t have to. Three brightness settings, four heads, and an adjustable arm…we think it’s time to freestyle.
8. Tamawa Table Lamp ($450): While $450 is an amount we’re reluctant to drop on a desk lamp, this bright and sleek design gives us an itch for a little DIY action… How would you hack this one?
9. Barnwood Desk Lamp ($40): This rustic desk lamp doubles as a wall sconce: adding simple charm to your decor wherever you need it!
11. Solar Powered Sun Jar ($20): If you’re lucky enough to work outside or at a desk by a gigantic window, check out this environmentally friendly and chic way to steal a little sunshine. (Also, we’re all jealous.)
12. Keyboard Desk Lamp Light ($10): Tech and decor meet in this funky piece! The design is simple and cute, with just the right amount of geeky quirk.
13. Nintendo Game Controller Lamp ($95): Really dying to channel your inner nerd? The lampshade on this desk lamp is made to look like a Nintendo controller! It's definitely a statement piece, but could be fun on the right desk!
Have you seen the light? Let us know which lamp you're dying to have on your desk in the comments below or tweet us your thoughts!