9 Pinterest-Approved Ways to Decorate Your Dorm Walls
For those of you moving into a dorm for the first time, it’s probably becoming abundantly clear that you’ve got some work cut out to turn that tiny space into your own personal haven. Get started by taking advantage of some of the most popular dorm room wall decor trends popping up on Pinterest. You’ll find nine *must haves* below and plenty more on the College 2017: The Fresh 15 pinboard. Now go maximize that space before your first exam of the semester.
1. Felt Letter Boards: Bold colors, gorgeous design, *and* customizable phrases? Felt letter boards are kind of the best. Decorate your dorm with a cheesy message to your roomie or show off some school pride with this rainbow-chic DIY Felt Letter Board. (via Aww Sam)
2. Neon Signs: Bright glowing wall decor has been popping up in homes across Pinterest all year long, so it only makes sense to take the trend back to school. Ready-made lights like this Urban Outfitters Hello Neon Sign ($69) add personality to your walls, but if you’re ballin’ on a budget, there’s always the DIY option.
3. Marquee Lights: Sometimes all you need to take your dorm to the next level is a lit object. Let everyone know what’s going down with a one-of-a-kind sign like this DIY marquee flamingo light. (via Brit + Co)
4. Light Boxes: Perfect for adding to a gallery wall, using as a party prop, or personalizing your nightstand, a light box will instantly brighten up any room. Try out this tiny My Cinema Light Box Mini Light Box ($30) for endless quote possibilities.
6. Hanging Wall Decor: Tapestries like this PBteen Wildflower Tapestry ($39) cover up lots of area that needs a little beautification. Ugly brick walls, BYE.
7. String Lights: Not just for the holidays, these college staples will add a bright touch to any dorm room.
8. Hanging Storage: It’s super easy to DIY a swing shelf that gives you extra storage without taking up valuable floor space. Set it up over your desk or next to the sink as a teeny-tiny vanity. (via Brit + Co)
9. Macrame Wall Hangings: The old beaded curtain is gone and in its place is a *v* cool woven wall hanging. Cozy up a room with this DIY macrame wall hanging that you can hang on a bare wall above a couch, or use as a headboard or window treatment. (via Brit + Co)
Which wall decor trend are you going to try in your dorm? If you’re looking for more dorm decor ideas and back-to-school ideas, follow us on Pinterest for tons of inspo and DIYs.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.