9 Pinterest-Approved Ways to Decorate Your Dorm Walls
For those of you moving into a dorm for the first time, it’s probably becoming abundantly clear that you’ve got some work cut out to turn that tiny space into your own personal haven. Get started by taking advantage of some of the most popular dorm room wall decor trends popping up on Pinterest. You’ll find nine *must haves* below and plenty more on the College 2017: The Fresh 15 pinboard. Now go maximize that space before your first exam of the semester.
1. Felt Letter Boards: Bold colors, gorgeous design, *and* customizable phrases? Felt letter boards are kind of the best. Decorate your dorm with a cheesy message to your roomie or show off some school pride with this rainbow-chic DIY Felt Letter Board. (via Aww Sam)
2. Neon Signs: Bright glowing wall decor has been popping up in homes across Pinterest all year long, so it only makes sense to take the trend back to school. Ready-made lights like this Urban Outfitters Hello Neon Sign ($69) add personality to your walls, but if you’re ballin’ on a budget, there’s always the DIY option.
3. Marquee Lights: Sometimes all you need to take your dorm to the next level is a lit object. Let everyone know what’s going down with a one-of-a-kind sign like this DIY marquee flamingo light. (via Brit + Co)
4. Light Boxes: Perfect for adding to a gallery wall, using as a party prop, or personalizing your nightstand, a light box will instantly brighten up any room. Try out this tiny My Cinema Light Box Mini Light Box ($30) for endless quote possibilities.
6. Hanging Wall Decor: Tapestries like this PBteen Wildflower Tapestry ($39) cover up lots of area that needs a little beautification. Ugly brick walls, BYE.
7. String Lights: Not just for the holidays, these college staples will add a bright touch to any dorm room.
8. Hanging Storage: It’s super easy to DIY a swing shelf that gives you extra storage without taking up valuable floor space. Set it up over your desk or next to the sink as a teeny-tiny vanity. (via Brit + Co)
9. Macrame Wall Hangings: The old beaded curtain is gone and in its place is a *v* cool woven wall hanging. Cozy up a room with this DIY macrame wall hanging that you can hang on a bare wall above a couch, or use as a headboard or window treatment. (via Brit + Co)
Which wall decor trend are you going to try in your dorm? If you’re looking for more dorm decor ideas and back-to-school ideas, follow us on Pinterest for tons of inspo and DIYs.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)