Dress Up Your Dresser with 20 Delightful DIYs
Here at Brit + Co, we’re all about adding creativity to your daily life. One thing we love is putting a DIY twist on things you use everyday. And since we love getting inventive with our clothes, what about their homes? With that in mind, we’ve rounded up 20 awesome DIYs to upgrade your dresser. Most of these dressers are upcycled from IKEA or Craigslist finds — meaning they’re as inexpensive as they are awesome.
7. Unfinished Dresser Makeover: It’s crazy how easy it is to turn an unfinished dresser into this beautiful piece. Our favorite part? The leather trunk handles used as drawer pulls! (via Poppies & Posies)
10. Poster Dresser: Haven’t gotten rid of the posters from your freshman dorm room? Use them in a more grown up way by decoupaging the print onto your dresser, creating a true statement piece. (via HGTV)
14. Eiffel Tower Dresser: As the incomparable Audrey Hepburn once said, “Paris is always a good idea.” This dresser redesign uses a decal to achieve a cool visual image over a pretty blue paint job. (via Retropolitan)
17. Colorful Chalkboard Dresser: As functional as it is fabulous, this dresser DIY will allow you to label your drawers and keep things organized while the bright red acts as a statement piece in your decor. (via HGTV)
19. Patterned Dresser: This dresser is so awesome we’re dying to try are own take. The key to using different patterns and colors here is that they’re all circle-based, so they flow together beautifully. (via Pinja Colada)
20. Geometric Dresser: Painters tape is a godsend for those without a lot of painting skills — it makes creating intricate patterns like this as easy as coloring inside the lines! (via Elle Decoration)
Have we missed any epic dresser upgrades? Did you DIY your dresser? Share your thoughts, projects, and ideas with us in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!