We use our dishes three times a day so why settle for boring dishware? Whether you’re whipping up an epic meal, or just plating some take-out, your daily routine deserves a little TLC. To make every breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snack a little more creative, we’re dishing about the 15 best DIY tutorials for upgrading your dishware.
1. His and Her Mugs: These might be the most romantic mugs on the planet. They would be a great gift for an anniversary or Valentine’s Day. Can you believe they were made with a sharpie? (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Terracotta Dishes: These might be the ultimate dishes for a garden party. Easy to make, they’re truly unique pieces that could be used either as serving dishes or dinner plates… or even both!(via High Walls)
6. Chalkboard Dishes: Fun and functional, adding some chalkboard paint to your dishes lets you label them for each meal and make sure no one is accidentally sharing glasses at your next dinner party. (via Brit + Co.)
8. Plasti Dip: We recently discovered Plasti Dip as a super versatile crafting material, and customizing your silverware with the color of your decor is such a great use for the stuff. It’s simple to mix your own color, and even simpler to dip your utensils for a pop of color. (via Style Me Pretty)
11. Lace Painted Glassware: Add a feminine touch to your glassware with a bit of lace and some pastel paint. The pretty effect is a great way to turn plain glasses into something event-worthy. (via Ashley Thunder Events)
13. Gilded Champagne Glasses: Up the glam factor of your next champagne toast with a bit of gold on your glasses. Just add a flapper-worthy dress and thank your lucky stars Prohibition is over ;) (via Fabric Paper Glue)
15. Screen Print on Thrift Store Dishes: Thrift store shopping is one of our favorite weekend activities. Add a contemporary twist to your vintage finds with some fun screen printed graphics. (via Apartment Therapy)
What daily activities deserve a DIY upgrade? Did we miss any epic dishware tutorials? Talk to us in the comments below or over on Twitter.