Traveling light is essential for spring break, so packing versatile pieces you can live in all week long without dropping the sartorial ball are key. But that doesn’t mean pulling solely from the neutral portion of your fabulously color-coordinated closet (where’s the fun in that?). Spring break is about letting loose and having fun, and your getups should totally reflect that. Skip the bare-bone basics and focus on spring trend-friendly dresses, jumpsuits and rompers that can kick it no matter what’s on the agenda. Need to transition seamlessly from beach bumming to bar hopping to exploring with the help of a few must-have accessories? We’ve done all the work for you, scouting 25 one-and-done styles that will keep your spring break style on lock. Consider your packing list done.
1. Somedays Lovin Bright Floral Romper ($95): Rompers are the ultimate lazy-girl vacay staple, and this floral number definitely delivers. Teamed with a wide brim hat and d’Orsay sandals, it’s the ultimate beach babe look.
2. Mango Crochet Cotton Dress ($60): No warm-weather wardrobe is complete without a flirty white dress. Toss this crocheted dream over a bright bathing suit for an effortless look that makes the transition from waterfront to restaurant a piece of cake.
3. Reformation Feliz Dress ($98): Slip into this short, sassy dress and watch as the double-tap count on your spring edition #OOTD goes through the roof. Style it with lace-up sandals and a floppy hat by day, then spice things up with red hot lippy and strappy heels by night.
4. Kiss the Sky Tie-Dye Romper ($60): Good vibes are a given with this vibrant romper in tow. Wear it to take on the town with metallic Birkenstocks and chic round sunnies.
5. H&M Patterned Dress ($50): This artful maxi was made for sipping margaritas in the sun. Step it up with classic gladiators and layered gold necklaces that lend luxe appeal to the otherwise low-key look.
6. Farrow Mauna Dress ($72): Jeans might not be practical in balmy temps, but this short chambray dress ensures you get your denim fix. Slip into espadrilles and exaggerated cat eye shades for a killer just-kickin’-it kind of look. For after hours, toss on a pair of clogs and tassel earrings.
7. Alice & UO Eleonora Crochet Inset Dress ($69): Toss this baby on when you’re headed to the beach for an easy, breezy look with a flirty feminine feel. Pair it with a colorful straw bag and flatform sandals.
8. Vila Graphic Print Oversized Shift Dress ($60): Exotic prints and pops of fresh color make this oversized shift perfect for chasing the sun. A straw fedora, bombshell shades and a statement-making cuff read casually cool.
9. Mango Flowy Print Dress ($60): Unleash your inner goddess with a dramatic maxi dress that has tropical getaway written all over it. This longline show-stopper was made for after-hours schmoozing, so you’ll be living in it all week long. Style it with a sleek gold choker and flatform sandals.
10. Ari Cami Dress ($92): You’ll have “most stylish girl on the beach” in the bag when you sidle up seaside in this punch tie-dyed frock. Make it flashy with layered lariat necklaces and classic aviators.
11. Kimchi Blue Surplice Knit Romper ($59): French-girl stripes get a warm-weather-ready makeover with a flirty romper silhouette. It’s the perfect piece for seaside rosé sipping and mysterious cat eye shades.
12. ASOS Cold Shoulder Ruffle Crepe Mini Dress ($95): This playful pale blue number packs major sartorial potential. It nails two of spring’s hottest trends — ruffles and the exaggerated cold shoulder — and is easily dressed up or down with espadrilles and a floppy hat or strappy heels and chandelier earrings. Consider this your go-to for spring break and beyond.
13. Lavish Alice Float On Flare Jumpsuit ($98): Bring the drama with a night-out ensemble that isn’t messing around. Flowy panels of sheer fabric add fluidity and movement to a minimalist jumpsuit for maximum impact. Amp up the effect with ultra-modern extras like sleek chokers and tiered cuffs.
14. Forever21 Crochet-Trimmed Overall Shorts ($28): Lace-trimmed shortalls prove your fave denim onesie can hold its own in warm weather. Layer it over a ruffled top to give off majorly flirtacious vibes or get edgy with a cropped tee, a choker necklace and round shades.
15. J. Crew Relaxed Jumpsuit in Tencel-Linen ($98): If you’re leaving a cold climate behind this spring break, take this lightweight jumpsuit along for the ride. Cool coverup or sophisticated GNO ensemble — it has all of your bases covered.
16. Mango Double Layer Dress ($60): Tassels scream ready to party, so best believe you’ll be bringing this bad boy along on all your warm weather adventures. Take the look to the next level with a flower crown and criss-cross slide-ons that fuse boho and It-girl aesthetics.
17. Free People Beach Tatiana Sexy Back Mini Dress ($78): Slay at every al fresco fiesta you frequent with this backless beauty. Stick with minimalist extras like gold bangles and geometric studs to really let your frock shine.
18. River Island Cold Shoulder Midi Dress With Cutouts ($84): Romantic waterfront dinner dates call for a show-stopping dress, and this is it. Turn heads the minute you walk through the door by dressing this bright stunner up with pom-pom accented sandals and turquoise baubles.
19. Boohoo Super Plunge Neck Printed Jumpsuit ($35): One-and-done pieces mean more room in your suitcase for sick souvenirs. Looking for a bit more coverage? Rock it over your metallic bikini top so that you can go from poolside to pool float like that.
20. Loft Beach Striped Tee Maxi Dress ($70): Sophisticated stripes lend a graphic punch to this breezy maxi. Dress it up with colorful rope jewelry that will put you in a tropical mood.
21. Nasty Gal Look Right Through Crochet Cover-Up ($68): You finally found the bikini to end all bikinis (really — it’s that good), so why keep it under wraps? A crotched coverup that respects resort dress code while showing off your snazzy suit is the solution to this vacay wardrobe dilemma. #nailedit
22. Express Bold Floral Print Midi Sundress ($60): Cut out the costume change by making this floral frock the cornerstone of your go-to travel ensemble. Toss it on with boyfriend jeans and a longline cardi coat for an ultra cozy in-flight look, then slip out of the extra layers and step into a pair of sandals once you reach your balmy destination. Easy.
23. J.O.A. Tie-Front Dress ($63): The quintessential shift dress gets a getaway-ready makeover with tie-front detailing and a mini silhouette that shows off those gorgeous gams. Throw on a pair of bright block heel sandals and an embellished straw bag for a look that reads straight-up prepster chic.
24. Serefina Off the Shoulder Dress ($78): This ruffled number is a guaranteed head-turner. Its sultry off-the-shoulder cut and flowy fabric bring the drama with every step. Amplify the effect with siren red lips or a shimmery copper eye.
25. Forever21 Crisscross Back Maxi Dress ($23): Warm sunshine and sandy beaches were made for sassy dresses like these. Get those goddess vibes going with a cuff elegantly poised on your bicep and beachy waves that will make everyone do a double take.
Will you be jet-setting this spring break? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring styling tips!