9 Dry Oils That Won’t Make Your Hair Look Greasy
If you have thinner tresses, you may know how difficult it is to find a hair oil that will hydrate and condition your strands without weighing them down. All hope is not lost; you might be using the wrong formula. Ditch the viscous variety and try dry oils, a lightweight alternative that gives you all the same moisturizing benefits. Despite its name, they aren’t actually dry; rather, they quickly absorb into your hair so that you’re left with shiny-never-greasy locks.
To get in on the game-changing haircare staple yourself, keep reading for the best light hair oils that will instantly transform your tresses.
1. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil ($40): Formulated with six different oils, this product will leave you with a smooth and shiny finish. And, just an FYI, a little goes a long way.
2. R + Co Neon Lights Dry Oil Spray ($29): A winning combination of evening primrose, olive, and andiroba seed oils work to strengthen, nourish, and add moisture back into your locks.
3. Oribe Gold Lust Hair Oil ($55): The shea-butter packed formula is great for damaged or dry hair. Work a small amount into damp strands or smooth on after styling to add luster and shine.
4. Serge Normant Meta Sheer Dry Oil Finishing Spray ($25): A travel-friendly witch hazel and olive oil shine spray that combines powerful antioxidants with luxe botanical oils? Yes, please.
5. OUAI Haircare Hair Oil ($28): Celeb hairstylist Jen Atkin’s formula seals split ends, protects from heat damage, and fights frizz thanks to a formula rich in ama, borage, and baobab oils, as well as African galanga root extract.
6. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist ($25): This bamboo and organic kendi oil spray can be used as a style primer or treatment.
7. Davines OI OIL ($45): Powered by sunflower seed oil, it can be used before styling to protect from heat damage or as a finishing product to seal the cuticle and enhance smooth texture and shine.
8. Verb Ghost Dry Oil Spray ($16): Invisible, weightless, and jam-packed with moisturizing vitamin B5 and moringa seed oil, simply shake, spray, and comb through ends for a stylized finish.
9. Rahua Legendary Amazon Oil ($42): Made with plant and flower oils — namely rahua, sacha inchi, and morete oils — this lightweight hair styling product deeply penetrates each strand to heal, strengthen, and hydrate tresses to the core. Best of all, it’s specially formulated for daily use, so you never have to worry about the shine-enhancing formula weighing down roots and creating a greasy hair sitch.
What’s your favorite hair oil? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.