These Dry Conditioners Transform Your Dull, Dirty Hair
Dry shampoo has been in our haircare arsenal (and our mother’s and even our grandmother’s) for years, but it does come with its faults. Many of the sprays leave our hair coated with a white, almost dandruff-like residue and feeling parched too.
Dry conditioner avoids both of these pesky issues. It’s formulated to sop up excess oil, extend styles, and deeply hydrate strands. The result? Satin-like locks, sans the clumpy whiteness. Below, our favorite dry conditioners for clean, soft hair — without having to hit the showers.
1. amika Silken Up Dry Conditioner Hair Spray ($18): Refresh and revive dull, dry locks with just a few quick spritzes of this dry conditioner. It’s jam-packed with sea buckthorn berry extract to nourish your strands from the inside out.
2. Aveda Shampure Thermal Dry Conditioner ($31): With the instantly hydrating power of this jojoba- and sunflower oil-infused dry conditioner, your tresses will look fresh with just a few spritzes. And, since it’s formulated to work with heat, use the hot tool of your choice to style your strands to day-two perfection.
3. Eva NYC Forget Me Knot Dry Conditioner ($12): Vitamins C and B5 combine with fatty acids to nourish and soften strands to the core, effectively detangling them with every spritz.
4. Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner ($25): Argan oil — the star ingredient in this dry conditioner — is one of the most beloved ingredients in hair care for its softening and shine-enhancing effects. With this spray, you’ll expertly disguise dryness, frizz, and split ends (and even prevent new ones from forming), with just a gentle touch of an aerosol can.
5. Marc Anthony Refreshing Coconut Clear Dry Conditioner ($8): This bargain buy has a high-grade impact on your locks. Made with curlier hair types in mind, the conditioning spray locks in hydration for a fresh-out-of-the-salon finish.
6. Sephora Collection Dry Conditioner ($8): This coconut-filled spray helps hydrate and protect your hair to make it more resistant to breakage, all while leaving a subtle beachy scent.
7. Oribe Soft Dry Conditioner Spray ($37): For hair that’s soft to the touch, use this cult-favorite dry conditioner. Its silkening formula — made with argan and neem oils, as well as watermelon, lychee, and edelweiss flower extracts — leaves locks with a radiant sheen and an irresistibly soft feel.
8. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Conditioner Spray ($10): This pick will recharge your scalp and strands thanks to an ultra-fine mist of oil-absorbing starches, hydrolyzed keratin, and vitamins E and B5.
9. Luseta Dry Conditioner Spray ($12): Looking to pump up the volume without losing the shine? Spray some of this rejuvenating, volumizing dry conditioner onto sections of your hair for a full-bodied style with a sleek feel.
10. Batiste Dry Conditioner ($9): From the masterminds behind one of the most iconic dry shampoos, this dry conditioner was crafted with the driest of hair types in consideration. It helps fortify brittle hair, without leaving behind unwanted grease, by deeply hydrating parched strands with antioxidant-rich argan oil.
11. Drybar Detox Dry Conditioner ($23): This spray is like a reset button for your strands. Formulated with argan oil, mango butter, and tiare flower, it hydrates, smoothes, and detangles tresses for a blowout-like finish without half the hassle.
12. It’s A 10 Miracle Dry Shampoo & Conditioner ($13): If you want to absorb excess oil while enhancing shine and softness, this keratin-powered dual dry shampoo and conditioner is the formula for you. Spritz it on to mattify your roots while conditioning your mid-lengths and ends for a seemingly salon-made finish.
13. CHI Dry Conditioner ($19): Be prepared to toss away your heat protectant, because this 2-in-1 formula conditions hair while protecting it from even the highest temperature your straightener has.
14. Cantu Conditioner Dry Co-Wash ($5): If you rock weaves, protective styles, or extensions on the regular, you need a bottle of this dry conditioner in your arsenal. Apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, and shea butter combine to give your natural (or synthetic) tresses a purifying cleanse with a quick click of the can.
What’s your favorite dry conditioner? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.