Easter falls on April Fool’s day this year, and what better way to celebrate both holidays than by gorging on some Mystery Peeps? They’re back at Walmart just in time for spring, though you’ll have to try them for yourself to guess which of the three flavors they’re offering this year you’re eating. Along with the Peeps, Walmart is also offering up a bevy of sweet, tart, and chocolatey treats in a rainbow of colors to fill your Easter baskets and keep your snack drawer fully loaded. All of these sweets are available in-store, and a few can even be bought online if you’re an Easter Bunny who prefers to work remotely.
1. Mystery Peeps ($1): Loading up on Peeps is a springtime tradition. This year, they’re keeping things from getting stale by releasing a new round of mystery flavors. There are three different flavors for you guess, and judging by past mystery flavors like Buttered Popcorn, Sour Green Apple, Maple Syrup and Grape Slush, it’s too exciting a guessing game to pass up.
2. Starburst Tropical Jellybeans ($2): Starburst Jellybeans come in a variety of flavors, though Tropical has got to be our fave. If you think you don’t like jelly beans, you’ve got to try these. They’re miles above the stale black licorice things you used to get in your Easter basket.
3. Brach’s Sweet & Sour Mix Egg Stuffers ($10): This mix of sweet and sour favorites like Now and Later, Lemonheads, and Smarties is so good, you’ll want to grab one for stuffing Easter eggs and one to keep in your secret junk food stash away from everyone else in the house.
4. Reese’s 3D Egg Carton ($8): Reese’s Eggs are a springtime staple, so you’ll obviously want to spring for a full dozen the next time you do your shopping.
5. Trolli Sour Brite Jelly Beans ($2): Trolli’s sweet and sour jelly beans look like little Easter eggs, making them a rainbow-colored addition to your basket.
6. Kinder Joy Easter ($1): Now that we finally have a toy-filled Kinder egg that can be legally enjoyed in the USA, you might as well stock up. Anything that doesn’t get eaten on Easter will bring you joy (Kinder Joy!) whenever you decide to indulge.
7. M&M Egg Tin ($4): Save time by getting a large tin egg filled with M&Ms instead of stuffing candy into flimsy plastic eggs yourself. We can’t all be as good as the Easter bunny, and yet, that doesn’t mean we don’t deserve candy.
8. Utz Cotton Tails ($1): Finally, an Easter treat for those of us who live on the savory side of life! These white cheddar cheese puffs look just like little bunny tails.
9. Cadbury Easter Buttons ($1): Creamy milk chocolate buttons make biting into the cute faces of these confectionary critters worth it.
10. Mars XL Chocolate Variety Bag ($15): If you’re in charge of organizing an Easter egg hunt for a lot of people (or just have an insatiable sweet tooth), this extra-large bag of fun-sized Snickers, Twix, and other chocolatey favorites is just what you need.
11. Reese’s Clusters ($3): Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups give us life all year round. During Easter, you need something special for the holiday. Caramel, peanuts, and pecans certainly do the trick.
12. DOVE Caramel Flower Pot ($5): This festive flower pot is filled with caramel-filled Dove milk chocolates, each one wrapped in a cheery flower foil that will make you believe spring is really on its way.
13. White Chocolate Lemon Oreos ($6): Lemon Oreos get all dressed up in their seasonal best thanks to a coating of icing and a few sprinkles. You can get your hands on these tart-sweet treats in the bakery section of your local Walmart.
14. Popcornopolis Easter Mini Cones ($2): Shaped like carrots, these mini cones are filled to the brim with Popcornopolis’s famous Zebra, Caramel Corn, and Cheddar Cheese popcorn flavors.
Find even more Easter treats to fill up your basket by following us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Walmart)