15 Easy + Healthy Chicken Recipes for Simple Weeknight Dinners
Of all the proteins out there, chicken is definitely the most ubiquitous in our kitchens, and for good reason. It’s versatile, meaning roast chicken and slow cooker chicken recipes alike can be bursting with just about any flavor under the sun. Because of its mild profile, it’s perfect for absorbing stronger flavors, like in these lemon chicken recipes. Best of all, chicken is healthy — high in protein, low in calories and fat, and totally satisfying. These 15 easy, healthy recipes make it clear why we just can’t quit our poultry obsession.
1. Baked Spicy Chicken Drumsticks: Sriracha, garlic, paprika, and pepper add big flavor to this chicken dish, while keeping things healthy. Just marinate your drumsticks, then bake. (via My Zucchini Recipes)
2. Lemonade Chicken: Sweet and tangy lemonade helps to tenderize and flavor this chicken. Add soy sauce, celery salt, and garlic powder, then grill for a dish that’s unique and tasty. (via Make-Ahead Meal Mom)
4. Bruschetta Chicken Zucchini Noodles: Zucchini noodles give this dish substance, while also keeping things light. Top them with garlicky chicken, fresh tomato, and basil for a healthy meal. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
5. Strawberry Chicken Pinwheel Sandwiches: Avocado adds an irresistible creaminess to each bite of these wraps. Strawberry brings the sweetness, and a poppyseed dressing holds it all together. (via Simple Seasonal)
9. Sun-dried Tomato and Artichoke Chicken Breasts: A homemade sun-dried tomato and artichoke relish is the key to this 30-minute dish. Spoon the relish onto browned chicken, then bake until the chicken is cooked through. (via The Cheerful Kitchen)
10. Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad With Avocado: This riff on Caprese salad is totally dinner-worthy. Chicken, corn, and creamy avocado are added to tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella for a fresh and hearty meal. (via Chew Out Loud)
11. Rosemary Garlic Chicken Kabobs: Get a taste of the Mediterranean with these rosemary garlic chicken kabobs. Eat them with rice, or fold into a wrap with a tomato and veggies. (via Pinch and Swirl)
13. Cucumber Radish Salad With Grilled Chicken: Dinner doesn’t get much more refreshing than this crunchy cucumber radish salad. It’s topped with grilled chicken and a verdant basil vinaigrette. (via Paleo Running Momma)
14. Caprese Chicken Tray Bake: Milky, fresh mozzarella helps tame the tang of balsamic vinegar. It’s made in a single pan in less than 30 minutes, so you can treat yourself to an elegant meal even on busy nights. (via Not Quite Nigella)
15. Grilled Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs: This recipe proves that chicken doesn’t have to be boring. A spicy marinade and sweet caramelized pineapple combine for flavor that’s big but balanced. (via A Sassy Spoon)
For more healthy eating ideas, follow us on Pinterest.