10 Easy Hairstyles for a Photo-Ready Graduation Look
After countless hours of classes, late-night study sessions and tirelessly practicing your senior picture poses, you’re finally ready to graduate. The hunt is on for the perfect graduation outfit ideas, and you’ll want to complement your look with a super stylin’ graduation-day mane. After all, your hair is practically the only part of your bod that won’t be covered by a gown ;) Snag your diploma in style and scroll through these 10 grad-day hairdos to find the perfect look for one of the biggest days of your life.
1. Festive Headband: Not about to hide your glorious tresses with a silly old cap (especially if you’ve got a killer hair color!)? Opt for a glittery headband instead of the usual cap-and-gown combo for a look that’s sure to stand out. (via @shelleygregoryhair)
2. Fresh Florals: Florals aren’t just for festivals. Plait your hair in a loose, chunky braid and add fresh flowers of your choice for a springy, celebratory look. (via @kirstenzellers)
4. Infinity Braid: When you’ve got a big event and your typical fishtail just won’t do, give this futuristic infinity braid a try. Take a few extra minutes to backcomb your hair before braiding to give the style some extra oomph. (via @theconfessionsofahairstylist)
5. Twisted Updo: Finally, a graduation style fit for a lazy girl. Give your big-day look a relaxed appeal in this loosely twisted chignon. (via @kirstenzellers)
7. Bombshell Curls: You can’t go wrong with a head of classic curls. Bring on the romantic vibes with these bombshell waves, and pair with an off-the-shoulder frock to go full-on old-Hollywood glam. (via @hapatime)
8. Braided Bun: Take the messy look to new heights with an easy-to-execute braided bun hairstyle. Leave the shorter front pieces loose for an anything-but-uptight feel. (via @hershesons)
9. Simple Knot Braid: Capture that Instagram-worthy cap-and-gown style with this standout rope braid. Achieve a three-dimensional look by carefully pulling apart the strands of the braid. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. Fishtail Chignon: We thought a classic chignon couldn’t get any fancier — we were wrong. Wrap a fishtail braid over your low bun for a graduation look that’ll take you from the ceremony to celebratory drinks after, no touchup required. (via @hapatime)
What hairstyle will you be wearing on graduation day? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.