11 Easy Soup Recipes to Make This Week
As much as we’ve enjoyed the extra-long Indian summer, we are so excited to finally feel the chill in the air. Especially if it means we can wear our over-the-knee boots and cozy fall coats. Chilly weather, we’re ready for you. There is nothing better on a cold and blustery day than warming up your belly with a bowlful of your favorite slurp-able soup. From classic chicken noodle to fabulous pho ga, check out these 11 soup recipes that you should whip up this week.
1. Tomato Soup: This recipe for homemade tomato soup is mmm, mmm, good. It’s a surefire way to warm yourself up on a cold night. Top it with roasted garlic croutons to give it texture. (via Snapguide Team on Snapguide)
3. Pho Ga: You have to try this soup, pho sure. Why brace the cold weather to head to your favorite Vietnamese restaurant when you can make it at home? Bonus: It’s also a great remedy for a hangover. (via Phuong Nguyen on Snapguide)
4. French Onion Soup: With only six ingredients, you can whip up this french classic on the fly. One spoonful and you’ll know it was worth the time it took to caramelize those onions. Definitely serve with crusty french bread and cheese for the ultimate French onion soup experience. (via Pangrum Boon on Snapguide)
5. Roasted Tomato Soup: Made with fresh tomatoes and garnished with basil, this soup is delicious hot or cold. It can even be used as beautiful red sauce for your next pasta night. (via Destination Cuisine on Snapguide)
6. Onion Soup With Green Bean Chimchurri: An elevated version of a classic onion soup, this yummy combination uses creamy onion soup and freshens it up with green beans and shiso. Top it with crispy fried shallots to give the dish some crunch. (via Rich Table SF on Snapguide)
7. Sweet Potato Coconut Soup: With sweet potato, grated lime zest and coconut milk, this isn’t your usual weeknight recipe. This soup gets its spicy kick from chopped jalapeños. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
8. Pumpkin Soup: If you’re looking for a creamy soup that’s on the healthier side of things, try this yummy pumpkin soup. Using sugar pie pumpkins and almond milk to add creaminess, this soup can actually be served up in the hollowed center of your sugar pie pumpkin. Talk about a quick cleanup. (via Pen + Keyboard on Snapguide)
9. Ramen Soup: This recipe is WAY better than the ramen dinners you ate in college. With delicious slow-roasted pork belly, chopped veggies and an earthy broth, this is one slurp-worthy bowl of soup. (via The Foodbox on Snapguide)
10. Chicken Noodle Soup: You can’t go wrong with a classic. Campbell’s has nothing on this recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup. To cut down the cooking time, this recipe uses chicken broth and chicken thighs to give it that super rich chicken flavor without you having to spend hours in the kitchen. (via George Murray on Snapguide)
11. Butternut Squash Harvest Soup: Oh my gourd! This recipe for butternut squash soup is outta this world. With notes of cinnamon and clove to make it savory and maple syrup to make it sweet, it’s all the flavors of fall in one bowl. (via Joseph Feiertag on Snapguide)
Have a favorite soup recipe of your own? Share with us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)