It’s raining and you forgot your umbrella. And your rain boots. This evening you’re going to need something warm and incredibly easy that you can whip up in less than half an hour. We know the feeling, so we’ve come up with 17 amazing quick and easy soup recipes for a tasty and speedy dinner that will warm you from the inside out on the most blustery of days.
3. Red Curry Noodle Soup: Red Thai curry has a nice amount of spice but is not too overwhelming. Luckily, the store-bought curry paste is really easy to use – just mix it with some coconut milk and you’ve got yourself a tasty red Thai curry in minutes. (via Amuse Your Bouche)
5. Creamy Kale Sweet Potato Soup: Sneak healthy green stuff into dinner under the cover of sausage. This soup is creamy, rich and satisfying, but it also delivers a boatload of good-for-you nutrients via kale and sweet potatoes. (via Neighbor Food)
6. Curried Tomato Soup: Way tastier than the canned stuff and almost as quick, this recipe is a twist on the classic tomato soup with eastern spices and a dollop of cream to make it extra good. (via Chic and Sugar)
10. Easy Chili: Another five-ingredient recipe, this easy chili comes together in less than 30 minutes. Plus it can be frozen to enjoy for whenever your next chili craving strikes. (via Gimme Some Oven)
12. Lasagna Soup: All the flavors of lasagna (but none of the prep work) in one comforting soup. The best part: A creamy dollop of ricotta goodness that melts right into the soup. (via Damn Delicious)
13. Cheesy Baked Potato Soup: Instead of waiting 40 minutes to bake a potato, whip up a bowl of this cheesy soup in half the time. Garnish it with bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives and whatever else your heart desires. (via Community Table)
14. Vietnamese Hot and Sour Soup: Load up this soup with lots of chives and cilantro, and as many chili flakes as you can handle. If you are not a tofu person, substitute prawns or shrimp. (via Feasting at Home)
15. Udon Soup with Soft Boiled Egg: Don’t call out for Japanese when you can make this amazing (and healthy) udon soup in a jiffy. Plus, you’ll only dirty two pots, so the cleanup is minimal. (via My Second Breakfast)
16. White Bean Pasta Soup: If you’re starting to feel guilty about those winter month calories, try this super healthy bean soup. We definitely won’t judge if you end up adding some garlic bread to the meal. (via Tina’s Chic Corner)
17. Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup: The creaminess of this vegan soup comes from cashews, and it’s sweetened with just a touch of balsamic vinegar. Even if you eat dairy, channel your inner Beyoncé and give this vegan recipe a shot! (via Pickles and Honey)
What is your go-to soup recipe on rainy days when you don’t feel like cooking? Talk to us in the comments below!