11 Easy, Rainy Day Soup Recipe Ideas to Make in 30 Minutes or Less
It’s raining and you forgot your umbrella. And your rain boots. This evening you’re going to need something warm and incredibly simple that you can whip up in less than half an hour. We know the feeling, so we’ve come up with amazing quick and easy soup recipes for a tasty and speedy dinner that will comfort you from the inside out on the most blustery of days.
1. Whole30 Chicken Zoodle Soup: If you’re looking for a soul-soothing recipe that’s still diet-friendly, you’ve come to the right place.
2. Chickpea and Lentil Soup: You can serve this immediately or let it simmer while you do other chores.
3. 3-Ingredient Tortilla Soup: There is nothing better than one-pot dinners. We are always a fan of having just a couple of dishes to wash after we’ve fallen into a warm soup coma.
4. Ginger Butternut Squash Soup: Even if you’re the slowest chopper in the world, you can have this soup on the table in under 30 and feel pretty good about how healthy it is.
5. Roasted Tomato Soup: Way tastier than the canned stuff and almost as quick, this recipe is a twist on the classic tomato soup with roasted tomatoes and a grilled cheese on the side.
6. Easy Pressure-Cooker Chili: Yes, you can have a totally flavorful chili in 20 minutes, and yes it will warm your soul.
7. Homemade Ramen Cup: This homemade version is the adult version of our dorm room favorite. Make it when you need something to mindlessly graze on while you come down from the day.
8. Tuscan Bean Soup: This easy soup comes together in five minutes in an Instant Pot. Plus it can be frozen to enjoy for whenever your next chili craving strikes.
9. Chickpea and Lime Soup: Adding crispy, spiced chickpeas as a soup topper is any easy way to “beef” up this quick, simple, and delicious soup.
10. Loaded Baked Potato Soup: Instead of waiting 40 minutes to bake a potato, whip up a bowl of this cheesy soup in half the time via your Instant Pot. Garnish it with bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, and whatever else your heart desires.
11. Easy Blender Pea Soup: If you’re starting to feel guilty about those winter month calories, try this healthy pea soup. We definitely won’t judge if you end up adding some garlic bread to the meal.
What is your go-to soup recipe on rainy days when you don’t feel like cooking? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo.
(Photos via Brit + Co)
Additional reporting by Kate Thorn