When it comes to your wedding cake, you obviously want something that’ll fit your theme and add that extra touch of romance. But if you’re on the hunt for a total *showstopper,* edible flowers will let you have your (stunning) cake and eat it too. This oh-so-pretty garnish isn’t just for your bouquet anymore, and would be perfect for a spring wedding or boho garden theme. Get ready to wow your guests with bright colors, unexpected flavor, and a whole lot of flair featuring Mother Nature’s best. Scroll on for 16 edible flower cakes that will make all of your senses tingle.
1. Sugared Elderflower Bundt Cake: Transform your grandmother’s bundt cake recipe into a delicate dessert for your intimate garden wedding. By adding just a few sugared berries and edible flowers like lavender, elderflower, and rose petals, you can turn a sweet classic into a super pretty cake. (via Peony Lim)
3. Floral and Honey Cake: Delicate details make this cake absolutely breathtaking. Add bursting blossoms to your dessert for a vibrant spring wedding. (via The School of Styling)
4. Bailey’s Tres Leches Cake: Tres leches is what every cake wants to be when it grows up, and a boozy Bailey’s version will totally hit the spot for the guests at your wedding. Add gorg edible flowers for a touch of lilac and to balance the sweetness. (via The Jewels of New York)
5. Hibiscus Lemon Curd Tart: Okay, so technically this isn’t a cake, but that’s a detail that we are totally willing to overlook since it’s made with a cocoa crust and garnished with edible flowers. If you’re intent on a traditional cake, add a few tarts and pies to the dessert table at your wedding. (via Vegetarian Ventures)
6. Edible Flower Cake: Pin this cake RN. Not only is it super easy to make, but it’s a complete stunner. Follow the instructions to make this for an intimate DIY wedding or a springtime bridal brunch. (via Brit + Co)
7. Raspberry Pink Velvet Cake: This recipe is a bit of a raspberry overload and we’re not mad about it. The raspberry cream cheese frosting, fluffy meringues, and edible flowers are everything you could ever want and more. (via Country Living)
8. Edible Flower Sponge Cake: Your sponge cake just got a major upgrade. Garnish this traditional treat with a homemade glaze and edible flowers for a brunch-time wedding that’s as sweet as your vows. (via Good Housekeeping)
9. Blackberry Lime Cake: Berries and blooms are a match made in sugary heaven. Pro tip: Make sure to wash and dry your blackberries, alyssum, and micro mint before using them to decorate your dessert. (via The Cake Blog)
11. Chocolate Cake With Fresh Berries: Give your favorite chocolate cake a makeover by incorporating an unexpected twist. Sweet berries and fresh florals will take basic cocoa to the next level. (via We Are All Stardust / Nouba)
12. Edible Flower Wedding Cake: Give your wedding cake some dimension by adding edible flowers that pop right off the icing. Just be sure to remove the greenery before you cut into it. (via Festival Brides)
13. Cake With Edible Flowers: Since the edible flowers will be the showstopper anyway, why not put them on a plain white cake that will highlight each and every petal? It’s a delightful twist on a wedding cake classic. (via Design Love Fest)
14. Edible Gold Leaves and Fresh Flowers: Don’t forget about edible leaves when deciding how to decorate your cake. Whether they’re real or made of sugar, they’ll add fun texture to your already awesome design. (via Honey Love Cakery)
15. Lavender and Lemon Curd Chiffon Cake: Your bridesmaids won’t be the only ones wearing chiffon on your big day. The citrus taste from these dried lemons pairs perfectly with sprigs of fresh lavender.
16. Bright Spring Sponge Cakes: These mini ombre layer cakes are vibrant, fragrant, and absolutely adorable. Decorate your dessert table with über ‘grammable mini cakes, and then watch them disappear right before your eyes. (via Swooned Magazine)
Follow us on Pinterest for even more gorgeous ideas for your wedding.