See the Pics from Emmy Rossum’s Totally Unconventional Honeymoon
When it comes to honeymoons, one tends to think of European adventures or tropical beachside vacays, like the one Pippa Middleton and now-husband James Matthews just took to an island of French Polynesia.
Shameless star Emmy Rossum and her newly hitched hubs, Sam Esmail (AKA the Mr. Robot creator) aren’t your typical just-married couple, however.
As with their wedding, for which the 30-year-old bride said she didn’t care so much about details, so long as she got to wed her guy and celebrate after, Rossum and Esmail chose a totally unconventional route when it came to their post-nuptial activities.
Instead of a leisurely trip filled with pool lounges and massages, Rossum and Esmail are hanging out in Rwanda, getting up close and personal with the locals and wildlife alike: Check out their adventures below!
1. Monkeying Around: How cute is this baby gorilla Rossum snapped mid-hang?
2. Safari Rossum: When the photog becomes the subject.
3. Hanging With the Locals: Rossum gave us a glimpse at everyday life in Rwanda, snapping a shot of its “beautiful faces.”
View this post on Instagram
Trekked into the mountains in Rwanda with the park rangers who dedicate their lives to the protection and conservation of the mountain gorillas. Truly once in a lifetime experience learning how to respect, understand and communicate with them, continuing the work of Dian Fossey.
A post shared by Emmy Rossum (@emmy) on
4. Up Close and Personal: “Trekked into the mountains in Rwanda with the park rangers who dedicate their lives to the protection and conservation of the mountain gorillas,” the actress wrote of her up close and personal “once in a lifetime” gorilla experience.
5. Two of a Kind: Gorillas weren’t the only animals the pair saw: There were leopards (“The mother leopard was playing with the baby when they spotted a hyena lying in wait in the bushes)…
6. Running Free: Zebras…
7. Cute As Can Be: And baby cubs too. Oh. Em. GEE, how adorable!
We don’t know about you, but we’re feeling mighty adventurous all of a sudden. Since we’re nowhere near the jungle, however, we guess we’ll settle for Rossum’s killer photography instead.
Congrats again, guys!
What do you think of Rwanda as a destination honeymoon spot? Tell us @BritandCo.
(h/t E!; Photos via Dia Dipasupil + Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty)