19 Ways to Add Greens to Your Meal Using Endives
You (almost) need to have a botany background to understand how this bitter family of veggies is related to one another. But one thing’s for sure: You’re going to want to dig into these 19 endive recipes, regardless if you understand them or not. Using Belgian endive (funny enough, not true endive) as a crisp vehicle for assorted toppings is always a favorite, but these leafy greens can also stand up to some serious heat, even in a salad!
3. Citrus Endive Avocado Salad: How gorgeous is this citrusy endive salad?! Not only does it get major props for its good looks, but it’s an outstanding antidote to cold weather. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
8. Sicilian Chickpeas with Escarole and Caramelized Onions: With every bite of this warm chickpea salad, you get a little taste of all the elements — bitter, nutty, sweet. (via Ezra Pound Cake)
15. Endive Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Blood Orange and Walnuts: A playful and colorful assortment of goodies combine to create this stunning starter. (via Daisy’s World)
17. Radicchio and Frisée Salad with Cipollini, Beets and Carrots: Make a meal out of this flavorful salad with the addition of a poached egg, or by tossing it with al dente pasta or steamed grains. (via Brooklyn Supper)
18. Bacon, Gruyere and Endive Quiche (Low Carb, Gluten-free): Think endive gratin in tart form. Soooo good, right? (via All Day I Dream About Food)
19. Apple Endive Strudel: Are you brave enough to enjoy endive for dessert? This recipe promises that the veggie’s bittersweet flavor all but disappears with the assistance of apples and aged balsamic. (via Discover Endive)
What’s your favorite way to prepare endive? Let’s have a chit chat in the comments!