One Pot Wonders: Roasted Salmon Nicoise
We love one pot wonders over at here at Brit + Co. There’s just something so great about not having to dirty a ton of dishes or follow a bunch of steps to put dinner on the table.
A few weeks ago we brought you one of our favorite one pot wonders, Skillet Pan Pizza. Now we are pleased to introduce our next dish, Roasted Salmon Nicoise. While our pizza recipe was fun, our salmon is a decidedly fancier take on the one pot wonder. Perfect for dinner parties, this dish is easy to make and frees up time to focus on other hostessing duties.
– 2 pounds new potatoes
– 1 pint cherry tomatoes
– 2 handfuls green beans (we used haricot vert)
– 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
– 2 tablespoons minced garlic
– 20 ounces salmon, cut into 4 filets
– 1/2 cup basil pesto
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Quarter potatoes and trim the ends from green beans. De-stem tomatoes, if necessary.
2. Place potatoes in an oven-proof pan and drizzle with olive oil. Top with salt and pepper and then place in the oven for 30-45 minutes until starting to brown. Cooking time depends on the size of your potatoes. Make sure to turn them every 15 minutes or so.
3. Once potatoes have started to brown, top with tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Add green beans, olives, garlic, and salmon. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Remove dish from the oven. Top salmon with pesto and serve!
Start by gathering your ingredients.
Grab your potatoes and dice them into quarters or smaller if your potatoes are large. Just remember, the larger your potatoes the longer the cooking time.
Drop potatoes into the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Top with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until potatoes start to brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
Now it’s time to trim your green beans…
And de-stem your tomatoes, if necessary.
After potatoes have started to brown, add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Then add the green beans, olives, and garlic.
Lay salmon across vegetable and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place dish in the oven, reduce heat to 300 degrees F, and bake for 15 minutes.
Top with basil pesto and serve!
What are your favorite one pot wonder recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!