16 Things Every Pie Lover Needs in Their Life
January 23 just happens to be National Pie Day, although to be honest, we treat most days like they were made for pie. Cutting ourselves just one more slice until we somehow finish the pie has happened more times than we care to admit. Whether you prefer them strawberry, cherry, raisin or chocolate cream-filled, and in cookie crusts or pie-pop form, we have the must-have list of gear every pie head needs in their life. Hurry up — National Pie Day won’t last forever. Set your oven timer and see below for tasty, gooey goodness.
1. The Sparklette Miniature Cherry Pie Pin ($11): What’s better than Mom’s homemade cherry pie? Really, there isn’t anything better, but a close contender is a pin that resembles Mamma’s sweetest kitchen creations.
2. Shop NDS Cherry Pie Cats Vinyl Sticker ($3): Cats and pies seem like an odd combo, but it’s hard not to crack a smile at this feisty sticker. You could say that it’s the cat’s meow.
4. To the Moon and Back Toddler’s Sweet As Pie T-Shirt ($19): Chances are, if you have a toddler in your life, they really are as sweet as pie. Well, after their nap time anyway. How cute would your favorite little munchkin look in this adorable silk-screen top? Answer: too cute!
6. Grace Began to Grow Pie Fork ($20): You’ve heard of a dinner fork and a salad fork, right? So, why not have a fork strictly for pie? You’ll certainly get a lot of use out of it on National Pie Day.
7. This Paper Ship Easy As Pumpkin Pie Illustrated Art Print ($5+): Some pie is just what you need for your walls. Correction: a pie print! Don’t go splattering pie all over your apartment, as that can get messy quickly.
8. Art Goodies Mini Pie Pillow ($18): Mmm… berry pie! Be honest — when you’re not eating pie, you’re probably thinking about it. Hey, we’re not judging! Adding a mini pie-shaped pillow to your home decor is a good way to take the edge off when you’re not digging into dessert.
9. Mood for Wood Apple Pie Embossed Rolling Pin ($26): A sturdy rolling pin is any pie lover’s tool of choice. This one is embossed with tiny apple cutouts, giving you the most impressive pie crusts at any bake sale.
10. Freckled Flora Apple Pie Bath Bomb ($5): Like most pies, bath bombs couldn’t be any hotter right now. Relax in an apple pie bath with an apple, cinnamon and sugar-scented bath bomb. Aprons are optional.
11. Art Goodies Pie Apron ($48): This block print apron made with organic cotton not only matches the pie pillow above, but it will come in super handy when you’re rolling out your crust. You’re already a master pie baker, so you’d better dress the part!
12. Noa Design Co Mom’s Pie Shop Screen Printed T-Shirt ($20): Even if you’re an amateur pie baker, this slouchy tee will make you look the part. And if your mom really is a pie baker, you’d better buy her one too!
13. The Yellow Note Gold Foil Pie Napkins ($10): Isn’t it the truth that there is always room for pie? It’s true — no matter how much of the entree you eat, you could always go for a sliver of some deliciousness nestled inside a flaky crust. Now, pat your lips clean and start making room for seconds.
15. Williams Sonoma Pie Basket ($70): A tisket, a tasket, you’ll be needing a pie basket. After you’ve baked your all-American apple pie, place it in a basket for safe traveling and it’s off to Grandmother’s house you go!
16. Sweet Apronz N Cupcakes Pink Pie Adult Apron ($21): Just in case the last apron we mentioned gets a little dirty, you’ll have a pretty pink backup! This apron is so cute, you may not want to take it off.