13 Essentials for Your Next Winter Escape
Baby, it’s cold outside! At times, winter can be beautiful and serene, filled with cozy nights by the fire, a steaming cup of hot cocoa and book in hand. But most of the time, it’s unbearably cold, dark and boring enough to leave us yearning to get out of town for a few days with sand between our toes, soaking up that deliciously warm sun. Whether you’re planning a week-long vacay or a much-needed weekend road trip, there are a few essentials you shouldn’t go without. Top off your packing list with these chic items to make sure you travel in style.
1. Ban.do Getaway Passport Holder ($24): Keep your ID, boarding pass and important stuff together and organized in this chic document holder to make your travels a little less stressful and lot more stylish.
2. Gold Dots Print Carryall Tote ($52): This adorable and super-roomy tote bag is a must to fit in all of your travel essentials, snacks and a couple of magazines from the newsstand.
3. Bumble and Bumble Surf Travel Set ($28): Instead of racking your brain about how to measure and transport your toiletries for your mini-getaway, grab a couple of travel-friendly toiletries for the trip. This handy set from Bumble and Bumble includes a shampoo, conditioner and wave-friendly surf spray to keep your tresses looking sea-breezy and gorgeous.
4. Sephora Lipstick Jungle The Jetsetter ($18): Bye-bye, Ziploc baggies! Keep your travel cosmetics, knick knacks and doodads organized in this cute makeup pouch.
5. Urbanears Plattan Headphones ($50): Listen to your favorite tunes and tune out that stressful airport chatter, crying baby or chatty seatmate (shudder) in chic fashion with these bright and stylish headphones.
6. Pacifica Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes ($6): Formulated with papaya, aloe vera and calendula, these skin-loving wipes are a must on your travel checklist. Keep your skin squeaky clean and smelling super-summery with this coconut water-infused towelettes to remove pollutants, toxins, oil and dirt without water.
7. Sephora Soft Skin Essentials Almond Discovery Set ($35): What better way to survive the cold and pamper your skin during your vacay than by reaching for an incredibly nourishing, deliciously scented beauty splurge? This five-piece almond collection from Sephora has everything you need to give you satiny-smooth skin.
8. Carry On Cocktail Kit – Moscow Mule ($24): Boring in-flight drinks, begone! This Carry on Cocktail Kit includes everything you need to mix up two delicious cocktails, sit back and take the edge off.
9. Bali Blue Geometric Blue Pareo Beach Towel ($19): Forgo the boring old hotel beach towel and snag this statement-making towel to make your vacay photos pop.
10. Tallow Underwater Camera ($20): Skip the Instagram photos and try out this fun, bright and waterproof camera to take some pretty amazing photos during your getaway. Perfect for lazy days by the pool or fun photos at the beach.
11. Travel Jewelry Organizer by Chloe +Isabel ($39): Keep your beads and baubles nice and organized. There’s nothing more frustrating than tangled necklaces in your suitcase.
12. Ban.do Back Me Up Mobile Charger ($30): Never have your smartphone run out of juice halfway through your plane or train ride again. This little mobile charger by Bando is a handy and pretty darn cute travel companion.
13. Rosebud Lip Balm Trio ($15): Protect against dry, chapped lips with this yummy Rosebud Lip Balm Trio in Rosebud Salve, Minted Rose and Rose and Mandarin to leave your pucker looking and feeling smooth and kissable.
What are your favorite travel essentials? Tweet them to us @BritandCo!