If you’ve been strong enough to peel your eyeballs away from binge-watching Stranger Things, you’ve probably noticed the slight weather change happening right outside your window. Even though it’s hard to imagine that our beach-bummin’, piña-colada-drinking days are over, we’re ready to cover up our bods with double-tap-worthy fall essentials and cradle a PSL ASAP. And this season is no joke when it comes to beauty. Vampy lips and no-fuss fall hair trends will reign supreme, and nothing says you’re ready for the new season quite like a fierce fall mani. We pulled together a one-and-done list for all your fall nail needs, from fall design trends to nail shapes. Leave your beachy hues at home — here’s the complete cool-weather guide for your pretty digits.
1. Holographic Nails: Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably seen this unicorn-approved design all over Instagram, Facebook and even on your mom’s digits — and the trend isn’t going anywhere. We’re totally on board with this psychedelic design that brings an out-of-this-world edge to any seasonal look.
2. Chrome Nails: This look is in the same family as the holographic trend, but the surface is less reflective, creating an oil slick effect. If you’re looking for a subtler take on metallics, then this style is for you.
3. Minimalist Nails: Minimalism is always in, and this fall it’s taking the form of super chic nail art. Try rocking a single dot or straight line across your digits for a runway-worthy effect. It’s subtle yet fierce, not to mention it goes with everything.
4. Fur Nails: Go big or go home, amirite? To really take your nails to the next level, keep your mani as cozy as the rest of your ensemble when the temps start to drop. Beauty bloggers have been decorating their digits with unusual fur tips thanks to the Libertine F/W 2016 show. While the material is perfect for fall, it might take some getting used to. Worth it? Of course.
5. Spicy Mustard: Straight from the Pantone Fall 2016 report, we bring you the hue that magically coordinates with everything. While it might seem too overwhelming for a whole mani, it will instantly amp up your nails if you use it as an accent color in an artful design.
6. Dark Denim: Say goodbye to summery sky blue and hello to this dark denim hue. With undertones of green and purple, this shade will add rich dimension to your everyday nail game. Opt for a matte finish for an edgier effect.
7. Iridescent: Pearly polishes are a no-brainer for the fall season, bringing an air of sophistication to holiday looks. Add some texture with a glitter polish or keep it simple on short nails for a more minimal style.
8. Posh Pink: A pretty pink hue is always a good choice, which is why it’s all over everyone’s digits come fall. Whether you rock it on a short nail or swipe a coat over a coffin shape, this versatile color is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
9. Almond: While there’s nothing wrong with a tried-and-true round nail, it can get a bit monotonous. Almond nails are a welcome change that adds just the right amount of flair without being too over the top. Whether you keep it simple or abstract, this nail shape is too cute to pass up!
10. Squoval: We’re pretty big fans of the squoval nail shape. It’s functional and cute, and will make any nail design pop. This shape is perfect for the working girl that still wants a flawless mani without having to sacrifice functionality.
11. Coffin: If you need a little bit of drama in your life, give your nails the Wednesday Addams treatment with these coffin-like digits. Try a dark hue for a gothic feel, or top it with a ballerina-approved pink for a girly effect.
Check out more nails-piration on Pinterest!