12 Manis That Will Make You Want Squoval Nails ASAP
Just like the latest fashion trends, the trendy world of nail art is constantly changing. One moment classic French tips are in, and the next, they’re outta here. Allow us to introduce you to the hottest nail shape for 2015. Part square, part oval, the squoval is making headlines everywhere. In other words, you can take a break from those Rihanna-esque pointy nails in favor of shorter, more subdued tips. Scroll on for 12 manicures to try out on your perfectly squoval-shaped nails this season.
3. Painterly Masterpiece: Master Impressionist painters, we are not. But that’s not stopping us from wanting to attempt this painterly design that calls for only a few spontaneous splatters. (via Random Acts of Pastel)
4. A Study in Contrast: For longer nail lengths, this modern update on the traditional French manicure is as daring as it gets. The alternating black and white design is sure to catch people’s attention — that is, if the squoval shape doesn’t first. (via Into the Gloss)
5. Runway Ready: You guys, we’re calling it now. Manicures that incorporate squares will be trending come this fall. If you don’t believe us, then just take one look at the Cushnie Et Ochs Fall 2015 runway show. (Photo via Mireya Acierto/Getty)
10. Classic Half-Moon Design: The popular half-moon design is here to stay. Short, well-groomed nails are best for this style, as it’s both clean and contemporary at the same time. (via @paintboxnails)
11. Ocean-Inspired: Nothing but sandy beaches and calming seas come to mind when we see these aqua nails. Besides the cool marble effect, we’re loving the unexpected negative space detail that complements the squoval-shape. (via Into the Gloss)
12. Pop of Color: We can’t think of a better way to show off the defined squoval shape of your nails than by accentuating them with slanted tips. Bonus points for keeping this mani bright + cheery. (via Byrdie)
Will you be rocking squoval-shaped nails this season? Tell us in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!