10 Dessert Recipes to Use Up Every Last Apple You Pick
The leaves are changing, there’s a chill in the air and you’ve got cozy sweaters in your daily rotation. If you’re an autumn-addict like us, you’ve probably been drooling over hearty soup recipes, pumpkin treats and crafty Halloween-themed indulgences for weeks. All you need now is the smell of warm baked apples wafting through your kitchen. We’ve searched high and low for the most delicious apple desserts to make this fall. Read on and we’re sure you’ll have no problem getting your apple a day.
1. Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars: Just when you thought cheesecake couldn’t get any better, we went and found this outrageous version. Freshly baked apples are layered throughout a smooth creamy filling and spread on top of a graham cracker base. #YUM (via Jo Cooks)
3. Apple Cinnamon Donuts With Brown Butter Glaze: Imagine the smell of fresh donuts in your kitchen first thing in the morning. These beauties are baked so you don’t even have to bust out the frying oil. (via Joy the Baker)
5. One-Bowl Apple Gingerbread Cake: There’s nothing like a spicy slice of gingerbread on an autumn afternoon. This cake is special enough to serve to guests but easy enough to whip up for an afternoon treat. And… surprise! It’s vegan. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars: This is the most portable version of apple pie we’ve seen, making it dangerously easy to grab and go for the ultimate treat. School lunches, afternoon snack, desk drawers… we won’t tell anyone ;) (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
8. Salted Caramel Apple Snickers Cake: This is the dessert that happens when a Snickers bar and a candy apple have a baby, but better. There’s an ooey gooey cake, sinful frosting and layers of fudge and caramel. No, you’re not dreaming. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Apple Crisp Ice Cream: If you love “a la mode,” you will LOVE this invention. In order to make this ice cream, you’ll need to first follow the steps for roasted apple butter. Don’t be afraid — it’s SO worth it. (via Brooklyn Supper)
What’s your favorite way to get an autumn apple fix? Tell us in the comments below.