These Are the Perfect Shoes to Wear With Your Fall Denim
Fall is synonymous with chic, cozy sweaters, afternoons at the orchard and a slew of new swoon-inducing denim and shoe trends. We’re so down. With so many show-stopping options holdin’ it down in your closet (and your shopping cart), it’s only a matter of time before a severe case of indecision kicks in — the last thing you need when you have five minutes to get up and out the door. The solution? The seven flawless denim and DDG shoe pairings below. Not only will they give your fall style a serious edge, but they just might ban the sartorial blahs for good.
1. H&M Boot Cut Regular Jeans ($40) + Zara Heel Detail Ankle Boots ($70): Where would a chic pair of bootcut jeans be without a trusty pair of stompers (preferably of the ankle boot variety) on standby? Inject yours with a healthy dose of It-girl flair by teaming them with these gilded sock boot steppers that are practically begging for a romantic ruffle-trimmed blouse and sleek minimalist hardware.
2. Zara Embroidered Jeans ($70) + Marc Fisher LTD Toni Lace-Up Pointy Toe Pump ($180): An #OOTD that will take you from low-key meetings to after-hours shenanigans with your best mates? It’s possible with this edgy yet elegant duo in tow. Solidify your status as street-style bait by tossing on an oversized button-down and dramatic faux fur topper. Bonus points for a bright red pout and a RN cross-body camera bag.
3. H&M Straight Ankle Jeans ($50) + Zara Leather Mules ($70): The perfect mid-week pick-me-up looks a lot like this. You can’t go wrong with a pair of red hot steppers in a trend-right mule silhouette, especially when they’re styled alongside raw-edge ankle jeans and a rib knit turtleneck. For major day-to-night edge that will take you from hunting for rare records to a live show with your squad, DO opt for statement drop earrings and a sleek cat eye with endless French-girl appeal.
4. M.i.h. Jeans Coler Cropped Embroidered High-Rise Flared Jeans ($290) + Zara Printed Leather High Heel Shoes ($90): Say sayonara to your signature sneaks — it’s time to take a walk on the wild side. Cropped jeans feel the furthest thing from predictable thanks to a set of leopard print pumps with a bold block heel. Throwback enthusiasts will dig the retro feel this cool combo brings to the table, especially when shearling-trimmed coats and Aviator shades are added to the mix.
5. Madewell 9″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans: Garment-Dyed Edition ($128) + Daisy Street Floral Heeled Ankle Boots ($57): What’s better than a cool-girl combo that cleverly creates a legs-for-days look with almost zero effort? Nada. Take these OMG gorgeous jeans out for a test drive with flowery pointed-toe ankle boots for casual Friday, dressing up the dynamic duo with a velvet blazer, elegant blouse and pendant necklace. Stunning.
6. Current/Elliott The Fling Mid-Rise Boyfriend Jeans ($98) + Free People Kick It Lace Up Sneaker ($128): Cue the laid-back vibes come the weekend with a pair of foolproof boyfriend jeans that were made for kickin’ it on the couch and tailgating with your Sunday Funday squad. Daytime metallics are an actual thing this season, so put those Stan Smiths back in your closet and slip into these quicksilver stunners instead. The only thing missing? A classic bomber jacket, blanket scarf and trusty Polaroid (sometimes you just have to go off the grid).
7. Topshop Moto Grey Mom Jeans ($70) + Glamorous Nude Suedette Ribbon Tie Ballet Shoes ($33): Meet the dreamy, dressed-down duo that calls to mind pirouettes and floaty tulle skirts. Take note: It’s the refined ballet-beautiful feel of these suedette steppers that transforms ‘90s-inspired mom jeans into a seriously sophisticated ensemble. The pretty pairings call for a ruffle-trimmed blouse, skinny scarf and a messy fishtail braid for a swoon-inducing look.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.