5 It-Girl Approved Fall Looks to Buy at Target
It’s safe to say that most of us are engaged in a not-so-secret love affair with Target, and for good reason. The superstore truly has it all — from our favorite flavors of ice cream to some pretty sweet threads. That’s why we’re turning to our ultimate bae to provide us with the hottest looks for fall, with a little inspo from a few must-follow style bloggers. I mean… maybe we should just source our entire fall wardrobes at Target? Just a thought. Scroll through to find out which Target pieces to snag ASAP for the impending sweater weather.
1. Palazzo Pants and an Off-the-Shoulder Top: This combo was definitely all over our Insta this summer, but it’s also an ideal fit for transitional summer-to-fall weather. Trust us — you’re still stylin’ if you wear these light palazzo pants long after labor day (we wouldn’t steer your wrong). Add some suede booties like Stylist Janel to make the summery ensemble work for cooler days ahead.
ABS Collection Women’s Stretch Crepe Scuba Gaucho Pant Petal Pink ($140): The palazzo is the unsung hero of your fall wardrobe, amirite? So comfortable, yet you can still wear them from desk to dinner without compromising your polish. Pair with an off-the-shoulder top for those warmer fall days.
Xhiliration Off the Shoulder Long Sleeve ($23): Bring this summer staple into fall by grabbing a long-sleeved off-the-shoulder top in a darker hue. The off-the-shoulder trend will only get hotter this fall, with versions in deep jewel tones and, of course, the signature shade of all you ladies who love to stay perennially chic.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by JESSICA ALIZZI (@jessalizzi) on
2. Black Pants and Neutral Duster: Nothing says cool quite like this season’s duster jacket. It’s a good pick for that in-between bout of weather. Blogger Jessica Alizzi paired hers with a graphic t-shirt and heels for a French girl-approved dose of casual style.
Mossimo Women’s Duster Gray ($30 ): This gray sweater duster isn’t too heavy or too light — juuust right for fall. Keep it neutral to get the most bang for your buck from this effortless silo. Wear it on those early fall days when the temps start to drop and you’re in need of some cute coverage.
Zac and Rachel Slim Pant ($35): Every girlboss needs a good slim-fit black pant. Let this Target pair help you pull off that casual t-shirt and duster combo with the greatest of ease while still looking put together.
View this post on Instagram
My leather jacket is my most worn jacket, and I found an almost identical one on sale! Details about it on merricksart.com or right here: http://liketk.it/2oNT0 #leatherjacket #nsale #blackandwhite #merrickstyle 📷: @radandhappyphoto
A post shared by Merrick White / Style & Sewing (@merricksart) on
3. Leather and Stripes: If you don’t have a go-to leather moto jacket, then take it from us and invest in one now. Not only do they instantly add edge to any ensemble, but they keep you warm minus the bulk. Steal blogger Merrick White’s style and pair it with a striped dress or top and classic accessories.
J’AIME Feather Rib Trim Drape Font Jacket Black ($50): This Target find is everything we want leather jackets to be and more. Its minimalist style lends itself to whatever you’re wearing, while the asymmetrical neckline gives it a unique, feminine twist. We give you an A+ on this one, Target.
Who What Wear Women’s Tie Neck Dress ($30): Stripe it up with this tie neck dress that’s giving us major cool-girl-in-training vibes. Wear it with leggings or tights for an added bit of warmth. Its versatility makes it another great capsule wardrobe find.
4. Babydoll Dress: The babydoll dress is everything you always wanted in a cold-weather staple, with a one-and-done appeal that can go high or low on the dressed-up scale. Add some over-the-knee booties like blogger Aiko Cunanan for a seriously street style-inspired getup.
Mossimo Supply Co Solid Long Sleeve Babydoll Dress ($23): A solid babydoll is a wearable yet dressy must-have for any autumn wardrobe. It pairs especially well with some of our favorite fall leg wear: tights, stockings and leggings, oh my!
5. Cardigan, CroppedPant and Tunic: Cropped pants are the perfect way to show off your ankle booties. Pair it with a high-necked top and classic cardigan to keep you warm while you elongate a petite frame.
Mossimo Supply Co Long Sleeves Boyfriend Cardigan ($20): No need to steal a sweater from the boys when you’ve got one all your own that’s this cute. Keep cozy all fall long with a cardigan that supplies all the warmth without the pesky bulk.
R+J Couture Pleated Wide Leg Pant Blue ($50): These wide-leg pants are perfect for work or a night out. Dress them up with heels or use them to show off those new ankle booties. The high waistline guarantees an ultra flattering fit for endless wearing potential.
Merona Windowpane Favorite Tunic Black ($25): Pair your colored pants with something tried and true on top to create an interesting contrast. This black patterned tunic is a versatile addition to any closet. *puts in cart*
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)