Yes, it’s National Ice Cream Month, but tomorrow is National Ice Cream Day (officially the third Sunday of July each year, as designated by President Reagan in 1984). So to give you time to make a batch and celebrate, we have 30 recipes for homemade ice cream. From classics like mint chocolate chip and peanut butter to a few savory ice creams like Parmesan and sweet corn, we have a flavor for every palate. If you still haven’t found the flavor you’re looking for check out our 12 ice cream desserts, 15 ways to make homemade ice cream, or 12 ice cream floats. Dig in!
1. Mint Chip Ice Cream: If you’re new to making ice cream, David Lebovitz’s blog and recipes are the best place to start. He has lots of troubleshooting advice for when something goes awry. Plus, this mint chip is delicious! (via David Lebovitz)
5. Honey Lavender Ice Cream: For something that’s floral but not too sweet, try this honey and lavender combo. Make sure you pick up culinary lavender instead of the kind made for drawer sachets! (via Homesick Texan)
7. Green Tea Ice Cream: For those of you that like matcha powder this is the perfect ice cream. The key is to mix the matcha with the eggs so it blends completely. You don’t want it to have a grainy texture. (via Gourmet)
8. Berry Cheesecake Ice Cream: Don’t be startled by the fact that the first part of the blog is in Swedish, the recipe is translated into English below. We’d like a scoop of this rich purple ice cream immediately. (via Call Me Cupcake)
9. How to Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Maker: You don’t necessarily need a fancy appliance to make homemade ice cream. With just a few ingredients you can make this Oreos and fudge recipe. (via Brit + Co)
10. Olive Oil Ice Cream: You might not think olive oil and ice cream go well together, but we can assure you they most definitely do. Choose a good quality olive oil that’s just a bit fruity for the best flavor. (via Tiny Urban Kitchen)
12. Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream: We shared this recipe with you in our cherry recipe roundup, and it’s just so good, we had to include it here. The only thing we might add? A few chocolate chunks. Yum! (via Peanut Butter & Peppers)
14. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: There’s something so tasty about peanut butter and chocolate together. Think of this like the ice cream equivalent of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. (via Oh, Ladycakes)
21. Blackberry Chip Ice Cream: It’s important to have the lemon juice in this recipe to balance the flavor of the blackberries. The little bit of tartness is the perfect foil to so much sweet. (via Food Network)
23. Browned Butter Pecan Ice Cream: By taking the extra time to brown the butter, you’ll totally up the ante on this pecan ice cream. The rich, slightly burnt flavor of the butter makes all the difference. (via Food 52)
25. Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream: What makes this different from regular blueberry ice cream? The addition of homemade cinnamon streusel, of course. (Also, be sure to watch the mouth-watering video!) (via The Kitchy Kitchen)
26. Mexican Chocolate and Almond Ice Cream: The cayenne pepper in this chocolate ice cream recipe gives it a bit of a kick, and the addition of the slivered almonds doesn’t hurt either. (via TheKitchn)
27. Strawberries + Angel Food Ice Cream: The light, airy angel food cake will soak up a bit of the ice cream, but will retain it’s texture. It’s the perfect addition to strawberry ice cream. (via A Beautiful Mess)
30. Peppermint Ice Cream: Yes, peppermint might be more traditional around the holidays, but we love this recipe for peppermint ice cream all year long. If you want to make it even more special, add a some chopped Andes mints. (via The Pioneer Woman)
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor to make? Tell us in the comments or on Facebook!