7 #OOTDs for the Week: Pre-Fall Outfits That’ll Make You Swoon
Okay, so summer isn’t quite over yet, but the promise of sweaters, layers and kick-ass ankle boots has us more than a little excited. With high temps still going strong, going all out with your fave fall duds might be ill-advised, but there are plenty of ways to get into the new season spirit without sweltering. Enter rich autumnal colors and lightweight layers, aka your new BFFs. From dress-over-pants ensembles to sassy suede and flirty fall florals, let these #OOTDs inspire your transitional style.
1. @hauteinhabit: The whole dress-over-pants thing isn’t going anywhere, so why not embrace it? Pair your favorite denim with a drop-waist frock for a cool, no-frills getup. Step into some sharp stiletto kicks and whip out a sleek box clutch to complete the look. (via @hauteinhabit)
2. @igobyfrankie: With its sassy slit and flirty floral print, this high-neck mini dress is nothing short on style (sorry, we couldn’t help ourselves). Transition those peep-toe steppers to the new season with colorful eye-catching ankle socks, then tote all those everyday essentials in a structured backpack. (via @igobyfrankie)
3. @hannahcrosskey: Elevate basics like a classic white tee, laid-back denim and a long duster sweater with this season’s must-have accessory: the skinny scarf. For some serious ’70s vibes, add a suede sac and rounded sunnies. (via @hannahcrosskey)
4. @majawyh: Denim isn’t the only way to rock flares. A printed pair worn with a crop sweater and button-down top make for a stylish ensemble that’s ready to take your work week by storm. (via @majawyh)
5. @manrepeller: Fuse fall and summer styles with a bold graphic midi, three-quarter length sweater, loafers and a playful straw bag. Our favorite part about Leandra’s on-point outfit? That choker layered oh-so-fabulously over her sweater neck. (via @manrepeller)
6. @veronikaheilbrunner: Suede is a timeless classic and — thanks to the runway — a year-round closet staple. To transition that button-front or A-line skirt to fall, partner with a turtleneck in a warm wine hue and chic snakeskin ankle boots. (via @veronikaheilbrunner)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.