How to Layer Necklaces like This Stylin’ Blogger
Aimee Song of Song of Style is one chic lady. The interior designer slash blogger has killer style, a jet-setting lifestyle (we’d like to go to Iceland too, please!) and a closet that would make Carrie Bradshaw jealous. She’s one of the most in-demand bloggers of the moment and a style icon worth copying — even in prep for Shark Week. Aimee posted this layered gold necklace look on her Instagram, encouraging us to go through our jewelry boxes for some sweet accessories.
Delicate chains featuring fun and quirky pendants + the gorgeous gold against a summer tan — it’s the perfect summery look. We’re breaking down this style blogger-approved necklace layering for you with some similar, budget-friendly options below — well, they’re all similar options except for the pineapple. The pineapple must stay.
1. Salty Fox Rising Sign Necklace ($88): Nothing says summer louder than this sweet sunburst pendant on a gold chain. This is the perfect basic layering piece that pretty much goes with anything.
2. Eddie Borgo Single Cone Necklace ($100): This Eddie Borgo piece is both incredibly modern and totally classic. It’s eternally stylish and understated too. Perfect in any stack.
3. Sugar Bean Lightning Bolt Pendant Necklace ($66): This lightning bolt necklace is a way to add some pop to your layers. One thing is for sure: This isn’t a necklace that’ll get lost in a crowd.
5. Sydney Evan Anchor Necklace with Bezel Diamond ($125): This super fun necklace by Sydney Evan is the perfect accessory — especially if you plan on spending a lot of your summer by a large body of water. This nautically inclined necklace is good for any day though, not just the beach ones.
6. Padgett Hoke Gold Curved Bar Necklace ($36): If you don’t have a gold bar necklace at your neck party yet, you should. This beauty by Padgett Hoke is one of those subtle yet chic pieces that complete any layered look.
7. Eight by Gjenmi Jewelry Circle Necklace ($187): Add a pop of color to your strands with this turquoise bauble. The blue really offsets the gold beautifully — and the color you’re gonna get from being outdoors, of course. (Don’t forget SPF!)
8. ki-ele “Manini Mano” Shark Tooth Necklace ($54): It’s Shark Week, so just like Aimee, we had to include a shark tooth necklace. This cute gold gilded shark tooth pendant was handmade in Hawaii!
9. Anarchy Street La Tropicana Necklace ($36): This adorable pineapple necklace is too sweet to pass up! This Anarchy Street stunner will probably get tons of compliments, so you’re welcome in advance.
10. Nashelle Arrowhead “Wander” Choker Necklace ($77): There’s something a little rugged yet so beautiful about this arrowhead necklace. This classic little piece looks great in a stack, but also pretty darn good by its lonesome. We predict you’ll never want to take it off.
What do you think of Aimee’s layered look? Let us know in the comments below!
(Featured photo via @songofstyle)