Lip Top Coats Are Fall’s Hottest Beauty Essential
There’s a cool new lip look trending on social media that has nothing to do with Kylie Jenner. Lip top coats have earned major accolades from top beauty players for their ethereal payoff, delivered over lipstick or in a solo act. “Top coats I’ve worked with are either packed with glitter or holographic,” says makeup pro Ashleigh Ciucci. Pucker up to the season’s most talked-about launch using our cheat sheet below.
1. Urban Decay Vice Special Effects Long-Lasting Water-Resistant Lip Topcoat ($18): Offered in 12 shades of awesome, this satiny finish transforms any lipstick color to shimmer, metallic, or glitter in a single swipe. Bonus: The gel-cream formula dries down quickly so it’ll stay put long after the rest of your makeup pulls the fade away.
2. bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Iridescent Top Coat ($5): Feeling nostalgic for ’90s beauty? Channel that frosty lip you knew and loved with this shade-shifter. The sheer formula instantly morphs existing color into a shiny, creamy pastel.
3. PUR My Little Pony: The Movie Glitter Lip Gloss Topper ($16): Inspired by My Little Pony: The Movie, each glittery lip slick is named after a character from the blockbuster’s Mane 6 squad. “The glitter top coat adds a glistening shine to any lipstick,” adds Ciucci.
4. Stila Glitterati Lip Top Coat ($22): Think: megawatt sparkle. The ultra-fine pearls cradled in a clear water base make this dazzling formula something to grin about. Pair Transcend with a neutral or pink base or Ignite with reds and berries.
5. NYX V’Amped Up! Lip Top Coat ($7): Make a daytime lip a little sassier for night with this pencil that’ll nudge your shade slightly deeper in one application. In an ironic twist, the vampy lippy also infuses softness upon contact with shea butter and vitamin E.
6. Jouer Long-Wear Lip Topper ($16): Say hello to luscious lips with this finish, offered in six metallic or shimmery shades. YouTube phenom Jeffree Star even crafted his own pink version for the line called Sweet Tooth.
Tweet us your favorite lip top coat @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)