How to Choose the Best Lipstick for Your Zodiac Sign
Choosing a fave lipstick is hard, we know — but what if we told you that astrology should be your guide? Sure, we navigate our future relationships and career choices by the stars, but when it comes to lipstick, the idea may seem slightly WTF. We’re here to tell you it’s solid (based on the actual science behind astrology). Your zodiac sign reveals characteristic traits about you, and because of that, you may be attracted to specific colors and formulas. It’s a whole new way to explore what your lipstick says about your personality. To that end, we’ve done the homework and found your new favorite lipsticks, dictated by fate ;) Read on to discover your new signature lippy.
1. Too Faced La Créme Colored Drenched Lipstick in WHAM! ($22): You’re a free spirit who likes to move around, and this nourishing formula will stick by your side. It stays put (even through a major makeout sesh), and the deep shimmery raspberry speaks to your inner wild child.
The Best Lipstick for TAURUS
2. Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bare Naked ($25): You like the finer things in life, and that includes your makeup. A champagne, high-shine gloss from makeup maven Laura Mercier gives your lips the luster and richness you crave, and the cozy color shows off your warm-hearted nature.
The Best Lipstick for GEMINI
3. Wander Beauty Wanderout Dual Lipsticks in Wanderberry/Barely There ($30): Your twinning sign calls for a lippy that matches your adaptable personality. So what’s better than a two-sided lipstick with classic hues you can switch on a whim? We love this color combo of a mauve-tinged nude for when you want to keep it casual, and a deep burgundy for when you need to go bold.
The Best Lipstick for CANCER
4. Tom Ford Moisturecore Lip Color in Scandola ($55): Your sign is all about security, and this lipstick infused with a moisturizing passionfruit core and conditioning plant butters feels super comfy on your lips. You’re also a summer baby, and this bronze, sandy hue flecked with golden pearl plays up your sunny and sparkling nature.
The Best Lipstick for LEO
5. Sonia Kashuk Knockout Beauty Matte Lipstick in Power Punch ($12): You love drama and being in the spotlight, so it should come as no surprise that a standout red is the hue for you. Packaged in a cool, artsy tube, this empowering, mango-butter formula is bold, courageous and daring — just like you.
The Best Lipstick for VIRGO
6. Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick in It’s a Keeper ($7): Virgos are known for being deeply analytical and striving for perfection, so this wearable icy-rose hue is their holy grail. The slanted shape means easy application, and the all-day moisture-rich formula stays on beautifully, just like you’d expect it to.
The Best Lipstick for LIBRA
7. Lipstick Queen Eden Lipstick ($24): This semi-sheer stick from Lipstick Queen will help you achieve harmony inside and out, which is what your sign is all about. The oil-soaked formula is rich in vitamin E and nourishing shea butter, which keep lips from getting too dry, while the glossy, apple-red hue flatters all skin tones.
The Best Lipstick for SCORPIO
8. Smashbox Be Legendary Cream Lipstick in Pout ($21): You’re super passionate and feel things very deeply, and this blend of intense pigments and luxe moisturizing ingredients like shea butter and vitamin E will stay with you. Swiping on this bubblegum pink shade will show everyone you’ve definitely got a fun and flirty side.
The Best Lipstick for SAGITTARIUS
9. Buxom Wildly Whipped Lightweight Liquid Lipstick ($21): High-energy Sagittarius will love this lightweight formula that will keep up with a frenzied lifestyle. You like to reinvent yourself every once in a while, and this liquid lipstick will play along. The ultra-soft, whipped texture can be layered to look sheer or opaque, and the fuschia shade shows off your fiery personality.
The Best Lipstick for CAPRICORN
10. YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick in Pink Independent ($37): You’re ambitious yet practical, and this lip color from Yves Saint Laurent does it all for you with deep pigment, a six-oil blend for max hydration and a melting texture that gives super-high shine. The bright berry hue, aptly named Pink Independent, is your go-to for closing the deal.
The Best Lipstick for AQUARIUS
11. Sephora Wonderful Cushion Matte Lip Cream ($8): An air sign with a sweet side, Aries look for a featherweight formula and shade. This cushion lip cream from Sephora is made with shea butter for ultimate comfort and lightness, and the wispy pink tone is the perfect finishing touch to a soft, boho look.
The Best Lipstick for PISCES
12. Zuzu Luxe Lipstick in Ultra Suede ($19): Always kind and compassionate, you’ll be happy with this vegan, cruelty-free formula that protects our planet and your lips with natural jojoba seed and aloe. Wear it in this ultra peachy shade that suits your friendly, carefree personality.
Want more star-aligned makeup? Follow us on Pinterest for all zodiac beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)