10 Celebs Who Slayed the Front Row at NYFW
When it comes to New York Fashion Week, street style trends and endless runway outfit ideas are only two of the reasons that we tune in religiously. The front row is another. Stacked with some of the biggest stars, NYFW provides yet another chance to savor some of that fine-tuned A-list style, with the added benefit of each ensemble packing IRL appeal rather than red carpet glamour. Below, we’ve curated a list of 10 of our favorite celeb looks from the FROW.
1. Pretty in Pink: Emily Ratajkowski showed solidarity with Planned Parenthood and femmes all over the world by rocking a sleek pink power suit to the Altuzarra show. Dare to shake up the status quo with a similar look at the office, swapping out Ratajkowski’s silver sandals in favor of metallic brogues or bold burgundy pumps. (Photo via Jared Siskin/Patrick McMullan/Getty)
2. Cool Contrast: While Delpozo is known for its artistic, OTT pieces, Olivia Palermo decided to play it cool for the label’s FW17 show, strutting her stuff in an elegant fluted skirt, button-down blouse and fur coat in bold shades of black and white. File this one under flawless. (Photo via Jared Siskin/Patrick McMullan/Getty)
3. Bohemian Babe: As if there was any chance Shay Mitchell wouldn’t slay fashion week. Pfft. Girl was the picture of perfection in a floaty floral maxi, her signature hoops and a cozy fur coat at Tory Burch. Carefree summer vibes in the heart of winter? We’ll take it! (Photo via Cindy Ord/Getty)
4. Tomboy Cool: Style goddess Alexa Chung channeled her inner chap for Proenza Schouler FW17, styling up cropped jeans with quicksilver boots, a layered button-down and speckled faux fur coat. Tousled tresses and a chainlink bag rounded out the casually cool look. (Photo via Ben Gabbe/Getty)
5. 2-in-1: Two-in-one dresses are having a major moment, which made Diane Kruger’s ensemble for Prabal Gurung feel particularly on point. The jewel tone frock with its twice-the-fun styling exuded modern elegance with a subtle girlboss twist. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
6. Flirty Florals: One word: babe. Blake Lively had us swooning hard over this bright, playful getup she rocked at Michael Kors. The flower-flecked dress, skinny belt, and sassy red steppers make for a killer desk-to-dinner formula that we’ll be busting out stat. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
7. All Over Knitwear: Who knew knitwear could look this good? Model Jourdan Dunn took two everyday essentials and transformed them into sartorial goals for the Michael Kors Show. The edgy one-shoulder cutout and relaxed silhouettes lend the classic look an undeniably fierce edge, with the addition of a sleek ‘do and bold berry lip bringing the drama in a big way. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
8. Don’t-Mess Edge: Leave it to Katy Perry to make this fusion of punk, goth, and military style feel effortlessly glam. Her Marilyn Monroe-esque locks, sweet silk scarf, and killer smile balance out the look’s hardcore rock ‘n’ roll vibes to create an elevated off-duty look with endless panache. (Photo via Daniel Zuchnik/GM Images)
9. Checked Out: Naomie Harris test drove a check print matching set at Calvin Klein that made our jaws drop. The plunge neckline, asymmetric styling, and streamlined silhouettes offered a refreshing alternative to the oversized scarves and flannel shirts that traditionally show up alongside the classic pattern. Front-row ready indeed. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Flashing White: In need of some date-night outfit inspo? Just take a peek at this sweet ensemble Olivia Culpo rocked at Marchesa. Ruffles, lace, and long, loosely curled locks infused the starlet’s #OOTD with a hint of romance, while lace-up heels and dramatic eye makeup ushered the getup into man-eater territory. (Photo via Theo Wargo/Getty)
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!