Dad understands if you’re working with a tight budget (and probably encourages it), but you know he’d appreciate a gadget, a trinket or a token of your affection for Father’s Day that says, “I saw this and knew you HAD to have it.” It’s totally possible to surprise him with the coolest gift ever… without breaking the bank.
Whether he’s a grill master who loves his BBQ tools or a stylish dad who loves his accessories, this list of creative gift ideas for Dad is sure to win him over. Keep scrolling to absorb some of the awesomeness that’s in store. Here are 50 Father’s Day gift ideas — all under $50 — that he’s sure to love.
1. Mimoco Powertube Star Wars Backup Battery ($25): This techy gem is a must-have for Star Wars dads everywhere. He’ll be thrilled to find out he can escape the calamity of a dead or dying phone thanks to his trusty (and favorite) Star Wars character.
2. Portland General Store Hand Cream ($14): Most dads don’t think twice when it comes to moisturizing. If yours is one of them, help him out with a thoughtful gift like this all-natural and vegan moisturizing hand cream. This moisture-packed blend of coconut oil and other essential oils is sure to give him all the feels of getting pampered without anyone actually pampering him (whew).
3. The Kaufmann Mercantile Guide by Chronicle Books ($25): Once your dad flips through this helpful guide, don’t be surprised if he emerges a whole new person. Chock-full of tips and how-tos, this hardcover book is all he needs to eventually master everything from the domestic kitchen to the wild outdoors.
4. Cathy’s Concepts “Dad’s Brew House” Wall Bottle Opener ($45): Dads who love to kick back with a bottle in hand will be pleased to know that this ingenious wall bottle opener was developed with them in mind. Never mind rummaging through drawers for a bottle opener once he installs this handy contraption that includes a magnetic bottle-cap catcher.
5. World Market Sharkbite Hot Sauce ($10, pack of six): Kick his meals up a notch with this gourmet hot sauce pack with flavors that include Cayenne Pepper, Habanero Pepper, Jaws of Fire, Garlic Pepper and Hammerhead Tabasco/Habanero Peppers combination. Just make sure he can handle the heat before you surprise him with this gift!
6. Men’s Society No. 3 Shave Kit ($35): A well-groomed dad is a happy one. Make sure your dad’s facial hair is on point with this shave kit that includes a pocket tin, face wash, shave oil, shave balm, disposable hot cloth face towels and a quick 5-step shaving guide to a smooth shave. He’ll feel fancy AF in no time.
7. J.Crew Harwick Travel Kit ($35): For the dad that’s always on the go, this handy travel kit stores just about everything from his grooming tools to his toiletries. To add a personalized touch, monogram his initials onto the bag for an additional $10.
8. Jack Black Beard Grooming Kit ($35): Does he take a lot of pride in his beard? If so, he may love this beard grooming kit that includes a wheat protein and panthenol wash that’s sure to keep his beard feeling fresh and clean. It’s also stocked with a jojoba and eucalyptus conditioning shave, a kalahari melon beard oil and a handcrafted beard comb that he’ll no doubt appreciate.
9. Sharper Image Men’s Stainless Steel Grooming Set ($40): If that beard he’s growing out isn’t intentional, this battery-powered grooming set might be the way to go. Don’t worry, Dad — this stainless steel grooming set is here to save the day and your face.
10. World Market Credit Card Survival Tool ($4): An essential for handymen everywhere, the multifunctional survival tool is exactly what’s been missing in his life. Crafted of stainless steel, it features 11 tools that include a screwdriver, a saw blade, a wrench, a bottle opener and more.
11. SprezzaBox ($25+): Choose from a monthly or prepaid membership for a specially curated box of stylish goods that typically includes ties, socks, pocket squares, grooming products and more. With the help of a stylist, there won’t be anything holding Dad back from becoming the snazziest looking dad you know.
12. Restoration Hardware Italian Leather Slip Wallet for iPhone ($39+): Reward the king of efficiency with this practical slip wallet made from Italian leather. It’ll hold and organize everything he usually tosses into his pocket (including his phone, cash and credit card) for maximum effectiveness.
13. Moshi “iGlaze – Armour” iPhone Case ($40): He’ll love how futuristic this iPhone case will make him feel. Outfitted with tetrahedron lining to withstand shock, this durable iPhone case is the sleek and refined design he’s been looking for.
14. Letters to My Dad by Chronicle Books ($15): Sometimes all he needs to hear (or read) are your words of affirmation. Express everything he means to you in this album full of sheets featuring prompts that fold up to look like an envelope. Whether it’s with a bear hug or a grunt, he’ll be sure to show you how much he appreciates the sentiment.
15. Hudson Made Juniper Myrrh Beard and Shave Oil ($28): Give Dad an extra layer of shaving protection with juniper myrrh oil beard moisturizer and pre-shaving oil. It’ll soothe any inflammation and irritation while balancing out his skin with the essential oil petitgrain.
16. Restoration Hardware Charging Station for iPad ($49): A must-have for techies, this iPad charging station lets Dad work, watch his favorite show or simply use his iPad while letting it charge. Even if he’s not using it, the charging station props up his iPad and efficiently reduces visual clutter on the desk or nightstand.
17. Jason Markk Shoe Cleaning Kit ($16): He won’t ever have to worry if he accidentally scuffs his shoes, as long as he has this shoe cleaning kit. Thanks to Jason Markk’s Premium Shoe Cleaning Solution and a shoe brush, his shoes will always be kept looking fresh.
18. Brookstone Airframe+ Leather Car Mount for Smartphones ($40): Dad won’t ever need to ask for directions, thanks to this handy car mount for his smartphone GPS. By simply securing it to a car vent, he can then load his smartphone in and take calls hands-free, stream music or follow driving directions without obstructing his view of the road.
19. Brookstone Handle-Mount Grill Light ($40): Grilling at night will be a cinch once you give him this cool grill light. Its weatherproof design and polycarbonate housing will ensure that it stands up to years of use.
20. Kikkerland 3-in-1 Mini Screwdriver ($4): Dad can never have too many tools, including this mini screwdriver. The compact key chain design makes this handyman essential a practical (and portable) option.
21. Cotton Treats Reversible Bow Tie ($32): Mom will be in for a treat once Dad slips on the spiffy gift you got him. This reversible bow tie ensures that he looks dashing in more than one way. You’re welcome, Mom.
22. Uncommon Goods Gardener’s Tool Seat ($30): For the dad with a green thumb, this gardener’s tool seat also acts as a multifunctional tool bag. Fitted with 21 pockets for different sized tools and a catch-all interior, there’s no way your part-time horticulturist dad would pass up on this gardening necessity.
23. Gibson Football Charcoal Grill ($42): Make every grilling experience as fun as the last with this football-themed charcoal grill. The portable design will let him take it to all his future barbecues and tailgating parties, which’ll definitely earn you bonus points.
24. Urban Outfitters 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die Revised and Updated by Robert Dimery ($37): This hardcover list of the most influential pop albums from 1955 to today is the gift to get Dad if he’s a music aficionado. Each album’s inclusion features their production details, credits, reproductions of original album cover art and blurbs about their importance/influence.
25. HMDX Jam Wireless Speaker ($31): Ideal for any dad that loves jamming out or singing along to music, this portable speaker makes a practical and thoughtful gift. He’ll be able to take his wireless speaker anywhere, whether it’s inside the home or outside in the backyard.
26. Brookstone Chef’s Fork Pro ($40): This smart chef’s fork pro lets Dad know when your food is perfectly cooked. A built-in LED flashlight allows him to grill even when the sun’s gone down. There’s no stopping Chef Dad with this smart grilling tool.
27. Think Geek Microfiber Lens Cleaning Skinny Necktie ($20): Stylish and useful, the microfiber lens-cleaning skinny necktie is every working dad’s dream come true. He won’t have to fuss with finding a part of his dress shirt to clean his glasses or phone with this handy wardrobe item.
28. Chanel Bleu de Chanel Shaving Cream ($45): He’ll have the smoothest shave he’s ever had when he uses the Chanel shaving cream — thanks to you. The lightweight and softly scented formula makes this shaving cream the ideal gift for any dad who shaves.
29. Post Studio Beer Coasters ($45, set of six): Inspired by vintage beer labels and beers from around the world, this birchwood set of six is the perfect gift for the dad who loves his beer. These coasters are coated with water-proof resin, so they’re a durable choice.
30. Jeepers Peepers Round Sunglasses ($26): This modern pair of sunglasses will keep Dad looking his best while protecting his eyes from harmful UV rays. Their round frames and dark tinted lenses are a classic look that complements any outfit.
31. Son of a Sailor Key Chain ($23): Make his keys a little more personable with a modern style key chain. Inspired by geometric and tribal designs, this chic key chain will make him want to keep a better eye on his keys.
32. Sharper Image Best Iced Coffee Maker ($40): This gift will perk up any coffee-lovin’ dads. Stain- and scratch-resistant, this pitcher promises to last as long as your dad loves his cold brew.
33. Merona Men’s Weekender Bag ($30): Shoddy rucksacks, no more! Give him a fashionable weekender bag to take with him on his travels. Its spacious design and chic exterior will update his style.
34. Think Geek Critical Hit +5 Stones of Frost ($20): His drinks will always stay cool (without getting watery) with these prismatic soapstones. When he’s not using them, he can pop them in the freezer to cool for his next drink.
35. Libbey Modern 7-Piece Bar Mixologist Set ($30): Bartending dads everywhere just got an upgrade. This mixologist set includes everything he’s always wanted for his bar. Not to mention, they’ll help him hone his mixing skills.
36. Kikkerland Braided Bike Lock ($15): If Dad’s big on biking to work, give him an added sense of security with a braided bike lock. Available in blue and red, these classic bike locks will help keep his bike safe whenever and wherever he parks it.
37. UGG Men’s Ascot ($110): Okay, so this isn’t technically under $50, but if you and the sibz split the cost for a splurge-worthy gift, it’s totally worth it. Perfect for lazy days and chilly mornings, these UGGs are the slippers he’s always dreamt of. The water-resistant suede exterior and wool lining interior will make these the comfiest and most durable pair of house slippers he owns.
38. Kohl’s ‘World’s Best Dad’ Tie Bar ($25): Remind him how much he means to you with this telling “World’s Best Dad” tie bar. Made of silver-plated metal, its classy metallic finish will work with any tie in his wardrobe.
39. Owen & Fred Hex Brass Pen Holder ($44): Though weighty, this brass pen holder is undeniably elegant in design. Made to fit a Sharpie-sized pen, it’ll hold his favorite writing utensils in a sleek way.
40. Hammaka Parachute Silk Fabric Hammock ($36): Whether he’s enjoying the great outdoors or your backyard, he’ll love lounging away in this silk hammock. Just hand him a beer and maybe his iPad for the most relaxing Father’s Day ever.
41. Jacted Up Tees With Great Beard Comes Great Responsibility Shirt ($14+): Let him rep that awesome beard with an equally awesome shirt. Once you surprise him with this epic tee, there’s no telling what heroic feats he’ll be inspired to do.
42. World Market Maple Wood Barbecue Trencher Cutting Board ($30): Artfully crafted of maple wood, this barbecue cutting board is designed with deep trenches to catch all the juices. Whether it’s for cutting meat or veggies, there’s no going wrong with this cooking essential.
43. Uncommon Goods Ticket Stub Diary ($12): For dads that love sports or movies, a ticket stub diary makes both a thoughtful and practical gift. He’ll appreciate having somewhere to put all of his ticket stubs so he can look back on them for years to come.
44. ModCloth Pour-ganic Chemistry Glass ($18): This quirky pint glass featuring chemical formulas will make him feel like he’s a chemist whenever he drinks from it. Guaranteed to make him feel a little cooler, this unique beer glass is the one to get Dad.
45. Metrokane Rabbit Whiskey Glasses ($25, set of 2): This set of two whiskey glasses is for the dads who mean business. The double-walled glass keeps his drink cool while the no-sweat silicone base protects both his hands and tables.
46. Skinny Tie Madness Raining Dogs Tie ($20): Let him express his love for dogs with a statement tie that’s both classy and fun. It’s the stylish staple that lets his personality shine through while staying work-appropriate.
47. Beer Cap USA Map ($35): Turn his love for craft beer into a game with this entertaining beer bottle cap map of the US. If he’s already made it a habit to collect bottle caps, he’s more than ready for this gift!
48. Think Geek Star Wars Wraparound Mugs ($8): He’ll never have thought it possible, but once you gift him this Star Wars mug, he might actually like how the Dark Side tastes. Available in Boba Fett, Darth Vader or Stormtrooper designs, this character mug is a sure winner for a Star Wars dad.
49. Owen & Fred You Earned It Bottle Opener ($29): There’s nothing like opening up an ice cold beer and being reminded that you deserve it. This cheeky bottle opener will do just that for Dad. Made of solid brass and compact in size, the bottle opener is undoubtably a thoughtful and flat out cool gift he’ll appreciate.
50. Apple Watch Leather Strap ($39): If he has an Apple watch, give it a personalized flair with a stylish leather strap. It’ll help his gadget fit in seamlessly with his dapper outfit.
What will you surprise Dad with on Father’s Day? Follow us on Pinterest for more gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.