You know the saying, fake it ’til you make it? Well, we think that’s a totally great philosophy when it comes to home style. Meaning: DIYs galore! And when it comes to high-quality stone like marble, we’re especially on board. Which is why when we saw all the crafty ways you can fake our favorite stone (paint! paper! clay!), we just had to share ’em. Trust us, these are chic pieces you can actually afford.
1. Trendy Tabletops: All it takes is five minutes, $10 and a little savvy painting to transform an old, forgotten table into a high-brow statement piece. (via Apartment Therapy)
2. Tray Chic: Can you believe it’s contact paper on the surface of that tray? What a perfect way to serve up cocktails in style. (via Brit + Co)
3. Stone Seats: Update stadium-style chairs with fabric for a fabulous, style-savvy entryway bench. (via Design Sponge)
4. Marble Door Knobs: Take a cue from your preschool days (we’re looking at you Play-Doh!) and mix up white and gray clay to get these chic, faux marble door knobs. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Side Table Style: For an easy home upgrade, give the impression of having stone cold style (aka marble everything) without the price tag by using contact paper. (via Style Me Pretty)
6. Nice Necklace: Wear your favorite stone around your neck with this simple and easy statement necklace DIY. (via Feel Inspired Blog)
7. Cute Kitchen: Breakfast will never taste better than when you upgrade your nook with stone-embellished tabletops. (via Whimsey Box)
8. Potted Perfection: Give food containers from your kitchen brand new life by turning them into flower pots. Even better: Plant your herbs in ’em! (via Fall for DIY)
9. Time for Wall Art: Use up a leftover tile by hanging it on your wall. Then, make it functional by turning it into a clock! (via Brit + Co)
10. Drink Up: Our favorite feature on these homemade marble-inspired coasters? The gold-trimmed sides! (via House of Earnest)
Tell us below in the comments: Which marble idea are you DIYing to try first?