It’s time to hang up that black moto jacket, retire those wear-everywhere black boots and (yep) even dump your favorite little black dress. A new neutral is storming the style scene this fall — a rusty fawn — and the color will make you completely rethink your “brown is boring” stance. Plucked straight from the ‘70s resurgence color palette, the richer-than-tan, more-playful-than-chocolate brown hue is, in true boho fashion, proving to be pretty effortless to style. On any garment, it feels eclectic without being too edgy, dressy but not too formal and, best of all, looks good with just about every other neutral, from light chambray and faded heather gray to dark wash blue. In other words, the It color of the season is even more versatile to wear than black. Scroll through for the earthy toned one-of-everythings you need right now.
1. Oh My Love Faux Suede Tank Dress ($89): Think of this as the new date night dress standard. Side cutouts keep this faux-suede number light and flirty, especially when you’re laced up in pop-of-color heels.
2. Jeffrey Campbell Holvey Suede Heel ($130): This might be the easiest way to dress up your denim without feeling too fussy. Keep things easy-feeling with a nude pedi.
3. Zara Leather Skirt ($189): Go from desk to date just like that with a leather midi — just switch out your white button-up for a flowy cami + toss a thin scarf around your neck for cool-girl glamour points.
4. Dindle Suede Chelsea Boot ($89): Finally, there’s one pair of ankle boots to go with every wash of denim you own. Cozy up these steppers with a pair of slouchy socks or go ankles out when you want a more polished look.
5. Claire V. Messenger in British Tan ($415): Class up your carryall (sorry, canvas totes) with this buttery soft bag in a luxe shade of brown, because you deserve to feel chic when you’re toting around this much stuff.
6. ASOS Tailored Utility Jogger ($54): Not really a khaki pants kind of girl? This rusty hue gives you a chicer alternative while keeping to the earthy color palette.
7. Veda Suede Jacket ($946): Even your most badass closet staple caught the boho bug, and the results are actually pretty elegant — totally worthy of slinging over your shoulders at every fall get-together, no matter the dress code.
What’s your favorite way to wear fawn? Tell us in the comments below.