Though women are a powerful force in the beauty and skincare industries, that domination hasn’t quite made its way to the world of tattoos. We primarily see male tattoo artists on television shows and tagged in Instagram posts. But with the popularity of stars like Kat Von D and the rise of tiny tatt culture on social media, the world of ink has become a more welcoming place for the ladies. Thankfully, there is a slew of female ink stars that are redefining the entire trade. Feel the girl power and follow these female tattoo artists who are making a name for themselves one tatt at a time.
1. Krissy the Butcher: The co-owner of Bloodline Dynasty in Farmington Hills, MI is known for her use of words and powerful messaging.
2. Evgeny Kopanov: Based in Moscow, Russia, this minimalist loves personal finger designs.
3. Lazer Liz: As a tattoo artist at NYC’s Bang Bang, this impresario gives new meaning to detailed work.
4. Mini Lau: This 22-year old tattoo artist located in Taiwan specializes in mesmerizing ombre effects.
5. Sol Tattoo: Hubbed at Studio by Sol in Seoul, South Korea, this artist is a must-follow for itty bitty delicate works.
6. Alysha H: Massachusetts-based Alysha H works at Lucky’s Noho and brings a simple touch to complicated designs.
7. Trudy NYC: The New York City-based Bang Bang alum is particularly talented when it comes to handwritten ink.
8. Jammy Jin: Look to this Korean talent for intricate designs and sweet details.
9. JK Kim: Head to Flushing, Queens for tatts that show a mastery of shading.
10. Mare Delanoir: Hand-drawn tattoos are a specialty of this artist hubbed at Bang Bang NYC.
11. Gong Greem: Seoul, Korea-based Greem is one to watch for watercolor effect tattoos from Studio by Sol.
12. Rae Love: Turn to this New York City-based tattoo artist at Three Kings for floral motifs and botanical tatts.
13. Eva Karabudak: Also based at Bang Bang in New York, NY, Karabudak is an expert in hauntingly realistic details and portraits.
Tweet us your favorite tattoo artists @BritandCo!