41 Tiny Ankle Tattoos With Big Meanings
Even the tiniest of tattoos are a large decision, and there’s a lot that goes into it: You think long and hard about what will inspire the tattoo and where you’ll put it, and you may even try on a few temporary tattoos to see how it’ll look on your skin. Whatever your process is, you know you don’t need a huge ink design to have a profound impact — even the smallest tattoo can make the statement you want it to. Check out these 41 tiny ankle tats that were designed with a special meaning in mind.
1. Celestial Imagery: The universe inspires inquisitive minds. It also reminds us of how small our problems truly are. Let a little ink help you keep things in perspective.
2. More Blooms: It’s just as pretty as it is tough. This flower tattoo blends both sides of the wearer’s personality.
3. Bloom: A flower can represent just about anything: new life, a special bloom, a loved one’s favorite blossom. Choose a flower that speaks to you in the same way.
4. Foxy: The cunning fox might be representative of your own bright mind, or it might just be your favorite animal. Either way, a tattoo like this one makes quite the impression.
5. Milestone Tat: Okay, you probably don’t need a tattoo to remember an album or world tour, but there’s no shame in getting a small design to commemorate your own achievements.
6. Spiritual Side: The recipient of this tattoo used mountains to represent the strength of a higher power, but you can assign your own meaning.
7. “With You, Without You”: This particular tat juxtaposes the presence and absence of love, but it’s definitely open to interpretation.
8. Grow Like a Weed: Ask any gardener, and they’ll tell you the most resilient plant is the weed that keeps growing back. Of course, your tattoo doesn’t have to look as unbecoming as a real weed does.
9. Anchors Away: Let go of whatever’s holding you back — or at least let your new anchor tattoo be a reminder of what to leave behind so you can set sail.
10. Knee-High: Sometimes an ankle tattoo isn’t enough to say all you want to say. This bohemian pattern serves as a completely gorg representation of your free spirit.
11. Good Vibes Only: A dream catcher captures nightmares in its web before they reach you and disturb your sleep. A tattoo of one mirrors the see-no-evil concept for a little extra resilience.
12. Light the Night: Shining bright in the darkest of nights is an ability both you and the moon may share.
13. Feminist: Say no more — this symbol is all you need to tell the world you’re proud to support equal rights between men and women.
14. Uniquely You: No two snowflakes are alike, which makes a tiny snowflake tat a great celebration of the fact that you’re unlike anyone else.
15. At the Helm: This wheel serves as a reminder that you’re the captain of your own ship.
16. Shine Bright: Gemstones represent birth months, luxury, and the value of spending a little extra time making something shine.
17. Young and Fortunate: The crane has multiple meanings throughout Asia, where it’s a symbol of happiness, never-ending youth and good fortune. The forever ink is reminiscent of the long lifespan of a crane.
18. Fly Away: A paper airplane’s path is unpredictable, as is the brave act of flying on your own.
19. Flaunt It: Ribbons are the perfect topper to any present, and you, dear one, are quite the gift.
20. Forest or Trees?: Remind yourself to look at the bigger picture and principles of life, rather than getting caught up in small details that won’t mean much tomorrow.
21. Clean Triangle: The triangle encapsulates many meanings: Depending on which way it’s drawn, it can be used to represent your masculine or feminine energies.
22. When Paths Cross: Stories start when two paths cross, and this simple tattoo could be the perfect reminder of a meeting that changed your arrow’s course.
23. To Be Continued: The semicolon is a symbol for suicide prevention.
24. Look Forward: The laurel was used in Ancient Rome as a symbol of triumph, its branches used to make crowns for accomplished warriors, scholars, and poets.
25. Nurture > Nature: Let the world know your stance on this two-sided issue with a tattoo that shows loving hands in action.
26. Wheat Up: Wheat has many literary and spiritual meanings, but most often it’s a symbol of both charity and love.
27. Minimalist Blooms: Cover your ankle in a simple spring flower to help commemorate your favorite time of year.
28. Dainty Palm Tree: Are you a Cali girl at heart? Show off your love for the ocean with palm tree silhouettes.
29. All-Seeing Eye: Eye see you with that amazing ankle ink.
30. Up the calf: An ankle tattoo doesn’t always have to go horizontally. This vertical tatt looks seriously unique.
31. Cross: Sometimes simple is the way to go.
32. Mini Moon: Any astrology buff would want this stunner.
33. Two Tones: Use two tones to create a 3-D effect.
34. Simple Florals: A couple stems of your favorite flower is a perfect touch.
35. Sunflowers: Got that summertime sadness? This lovely sunflower will help you feel the seasonal vibes year round.
36. Cartoon Moon: Add a playful detail with a design inspired by storybook illustrations.
37. Detailed Flora: Small stems and delicate details make this style so special.
38. Matching Cacti: Cacti are the new pineapples.
39. Spring Flowers: Add some color to your minimalist tattoo to make it more eye-catching.
40. Floral Details: Makes a colorful statement, yet still so dainty.
41. Dainty: Your anklet tattoo doesn’t need to be too bold. Sometimes simple is ideal.
Want more tattoo inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!