Coachella is right around the corner (*cue the countdown*), which means you’re about to be launched head first into festival season. While this year’s lineup totally has you buzzin’, you’ve no doubt been wracking your brain trying to envision the ultimate answer to the eternal what-to-wear question. Because let’s be real — festival season is basically fashion week‘s free-wheelin’ followup, and what you wear to a festival is almost as important as the bands hitting the main stage itself. With that in mind, we’ve taken it upon ourselves to curate a list of Insta-worthy festival picks that are sure to send your #OOTDs into overdrive. Even if your iCal isn’t jam-packed with music fests (let the FOMO begin), you can still get into the spirit with these 30 festival essentials. The best part? They’re all under $100.
1. Future Eyes Kaleidoscope Glasses ($50): See the world through rainbow-colored glasses (literally) with groovy kaleidoscope lenses that are beyond festival ready. Pop ’em on with cutoffs, a fringe-flecked vest and classic tee and get to rockin’ out at the main stage.
2. Mango Crochet Cotton Dress ($60): No festival wardrobe is complete without a little crochet. This knit number puts a boho twist on bold stripes for the perfect balance of minimalist and free-wheelin’ vibes. Don’t forget the gladiator sandals and gilded flower crown for #OOTD perfection.
3. Minkpink Ray of Lights A-Line Skirt ($78): Kick festival season off right by adding this to your lineup stat. Team it with a crocheted tee and leather jacket for a look that reads total rock goddess. Red lipstick and rounded sunnies highly encouraged.
4. Avenue Dee Fruit Stripes Fanny Pack ($32): Rainbow stripes just feel so right when you’re moving to the beat of the music. Keep your just-jammin’ essentials front row center in this vibrant fanny pack that lets you go hands free (because glow sticks).
5. Forever21 Contemporary Frayed Culottes ($28): Because festival dressing is all about flowy maxi dresses and cutoff shorts. Paired with an off-the-shoulder top and a killer choker necklace, these frayed culottes flip the script on boho-chic style. Who says you can’t kick it all sophisticated-like while bustin’ a move?
6. Tattly Lovely Set Temporary Tattoos ($15): Forget flower crowns and feather-studded chokers: A slew of cool temporary tattoos is what you need to take your music fest style to the next level. Skip the flash tats and create a flowery half sleeve with this blossoming bunch. Dreamy much?
7. Intimately Disco Babe Body Suit ($58): Tucked into boyfriend jeans or a multicolor maxi skirt, a bodysuit is the piece you NEED in your wardrobe. It packs serious one-and-done potential, meaning you can travel light without comprising on that hard-earned street cred.
8. Topshop Moto Lilac Acid Mom Short ($52): Mom shorts are to spring and summer what mom jeans are to winter: so necessary. Hit up day two of Coachella or Bonaroo with Doc Martens, these bad boys and a jean vest for a little double denim action with a grunge twist.
9. Zara Wedges With Cross Over Straps ($70): Heels are a no-go on grassy terrain, but that doesn’t have to mean saying to sayonara to those high hopes. Gilded wedges deliver the boost you want and the style you crave in one seriously streamlined set of steppers. Cue the flowery midi dresses and floppy hats, because you’re about to take your festival ensembles into glamazon territory.
10. H&M Cardigan With Fringe ($30): The sun never sets on your style. Your signature move when temps start to drop? Layering like a boss with eye-catching pieces that inspire endless double taps. Wear this roomy number solo when you need a little extra coverage, or team it with a denim jacket and beanie to send chills packin’ for good.
11. Bauble Bar Baha Drops ($38): Meet the boho jewelry you can wear beyond the festival. Style them alongside a cold-shoulder top and suede skirt to get your groove on, then pair them with a white button-down and jacquard slacks for unexpected on-the-clock polish.
12. Ecote Guinevere Open-Back Frock Dress ($69): Throw-on-and-go style just got a whole lot easier with this scarf-print dress on standby. Slip it on with a half-up topknot and you’re done. It’s that easy.
13. Lena Bernard Mariah Coin Body Chain ($58): The verdict is in: THIS is the only add-on you need in your arsenal this season. From festivals to backyard fêtes and spring weddings, it’s guaranteed to turn everything from basic tanks to silky slip dresses into the most enviable ensemble in the crowd.
14. Zara Striped Blouse ($50): White jeans, metallic platforms and this swingy bell sleeve shirt: This is how the modern minimalist does festival dressing. For a touch of lazy-girl charm, pull hair back into a messy topknot with don’t-care appeal and dust cheeks with shimmery powder for an effortless glow.
15. I Love Spitfire Intergalatic Sunglasses ($39): Throw some shade in a pair of intergalactic shades that will put an out-of-this-world spin on any free-spirited frock. Amplify the futuristic effect with a healthy dose of body shimmer and sleek silver statement earrings.
16. Forever21 Zigzag Flare Pants ($25): Sometimes you just have to go all out, and that’s where these funky flares come in. DO pair with a crotched crop top and fringed saddlebag.
17. ASOS Double Prong Oval Buckle Faux Croc Waist Belt ($17): Traveling light means packing pieces that can handle a little double duty, and this cool croc belt doesn’t disappoint. Whether you cinch it around a Grecian maxi dress or your favorite pair of flares, you really can’t go wrong.
18. Mango Modal Top ($46): Do festival dressing differently by swapping out your hippie-happy duds for this streamlined blouse that can be styled alongside anything from striped culottes to a button-front skirt for a fuss-free look that straight-up slays.
19. Topshop Elsa Four Pocket Field Jacket ($85): For those times when your denim and leather jackets just aren’t cutting it, there’s this military-inspired topper. Serving up attitude left and right, it’ll make you stand out for all the right reasons. Give a flirty romper edge or embrace the don’t-mess vibes with black cutoffs and a vintage band tee.
20. ASOS Interchangeable Trinket Hoop Earrings ($14): Move over, body chains. These modern (and totally fierce) geo drop earrings are everything, especially when paired with a plunging bodysuit and cropped denim for kickin’ back on the lawn.
21. H&M Patterned Jumpsuit ($18): Get ready to romp around the festival grounds in this folksy floral print. Dress it up with lace-up booties and a leather jacket, or pare it down with gold gladiator sandals for some serious dancing action.
22. Vanessa Mooney Autumn Leather Wrap Choker ($53): Do like the It girls do and polish off any outfit with a leather wrap choker for a street style-approved look that requires minimal effort. Team with trend-right clogs and a printed jumpsuit for a next-level look that’s ready to partay.
23. Ace of Something The Trigg Fedora ($59): Acing your look is as easy as topping off locks with this straw fedora. Besides upping your getup’s style factor, it offers a bit of sun protection.
24. Zara Stretch Sneakers ($50): Sneak in a little extra style with slip-on trainers that are all about the party in the back. Dare to be different by putting them at the center of a monochromatic getup. #nailedit
25. Topshop Moto Cord Pinafore Dress ($75): If your style is more athleisure awesome than bohemian babe (which is totally cool, BTW), this cord pinafore is right up your alley. Throw in high top sneakers and a baseball cap and let the sports-chic vibes flow.
26. New Look Fringe Duffle Bag ($28): A festival without fringe is like Easter without Peeps — it’s practically a crime. Before hitting the main stage, toss all your gettin’-down goods into this fabulously fringy bag and let the compliments roll in.
27. Nasty Gal Bead Your Love Tassel Hair Tie ($18): While we’re all about whippin’ our hair back and forth to the beat, when the sun is bearing down and the temps are at their peak, best believe those luscious locks are going up. Flecked with fringe and light-catching beads, this hair tie will keep tresses looking fly whether you work them into a mermaid-like fishtail or stick to a classic pony.
28. Lena Bernard Gemline Necklace ($88): Add an instant pop to your look with this vibrant turquoise choker that brings a ton of color and flower-child vibes to the table. The longline silhouette is an unexpected touch that sets this necklace apart from your typical lineup of statement jewels.
29. 2 Bandits Showdown Bandana ($78): Your go-to bandana is about to get a major upgrade thanks to the addition of a howlite turquoise pendant for a standout detail that’s a little bit Western and a whole lot of wow. Make it pop with a swipe of red lipstick and a two-minute updo.
30. Splendid Edna Espadrilles ($98): Try these woven espadrilles on for size alongside a striped top and high-waisted shorts for a laid-back look any fashion girl would swoon over.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.