Coming Up Flamingos: 19 Ways To Embrace The Trend
Flamingos have been taking the design world by tropical storm. These feathery friends are finding their way onto everything from clothes to wallpaper and wedding cake toppers. With all those beautiful shades of pink, we’ve found fashionable 19 ways to flock to this trend.
1. Flamingo Tank Top ($12.80): Go full flamingo with this bold graphic tank top.
2. Flamingo Cake Toppers ($12): Spruce up any cake with these super fun flamingo-shaped candles!
3. Flamingo String Lights ($20): Adorn your home with glowing plastic flamingos for a touch of whimsical charm.
4. Flamingo Note Pad ($8): To do lists look better in flamingo pink, wouldn’t you agree?
5. Flamingo Pineapple Stamp ($16): Make some trendy greeting cards or party decor with these sweet stamps!
6. Summer Sundress ($288): Take a more elegant approach to flamingo print with this navy shirt dress.
7. Pastel Wallpaper ($198): We’re thinking… three walls of flamingo pink and one wall of flamingo wallpaper?
8. Gold Flamingo Pendant Necklace ($169): Treat yourself with a bit of tropical bling!
9. Flamingo Wall Art ($55): Maybe we love flamingos so much because they are a walking, flying (?) burst of color. Especially when displayed as wall art!
10. Gold Flamingo Print ($20): Add a pop of gold and pink with this glam flamingo.
11. Flamingo Wallpaper ($14 per roll): This fabulous wallpaper proves you can never have too many flamingos.
12. Flamingo Alphabet ($24): Perfect for a nursery or playroom, these birds spell it out for you.
13. Kiss On The Beak Cake Topper ($138): These charming feathered birds might just steal the show!
14. Ampersand Flamingo ($24): Bold and colorful and adorably creative, this is the kind of art we love.
17. Throw Pillow ($20): Throw a couple of these on your couch or bed for some pretty pink color.
18. Vintage Flamingo Wallpaper (price upon request): How fun are those long pink legs against an otherwise neutral color palette!
What do you think of the flamingo trend? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!