20 Tropical Trends to Wear This Summer
The weather is getting warmer, the sun is shining more often… we get it, you’re dreaming of summer and tropical destinations. You may not able to hop on a plane and immerse yourself in salty sea air, sandy beaches and ukulele music right now, but you can still bring a little bit of the tropics to you. Check out these 20 print pieces we’ve gathered up to help make that dream a close reality, and be prepared to feel like you’re living the shore life (vicariously, of course).
1. Tropical Forest Short ($66): We don’t often see colors like teal and brown in tropical prints, but we are digging the combo.
5. Paradise Black Tropical Print Dress ($88): Tigers on your torso! Warm spring and summer days are calling this dress’s name. Rock this at the beach, for a day of shopping or out on the town.
7. Tropical Palm Print Pants ($123): Spend your whole summer in these lightweight palm tree pants, especially since black and white goes with everything!
8. Kendel Cat Eye Sunglasses ($25): Sweet shades are a super easy way to give your look a quick boost, and these definitely do just that.
9. Dress in Tropical Print ($204): The muted colors in this drop-waist dress make for a mellow, relaxed look. Plus… pockets!
11. Liz Romper ($195): If you were swooning over the look of a romper before, this one will make you go absolutely ape! The stunning royal blue and bright florals make this tropical print piece a must-have.
12. Bellfield Tropical Print Espadrille Shoes ($38): Here are your new go-to shoes when you need a little color boost.
14. Tropical Floral Bodycon Dress ($15): This dress hugs in all the right places and is a super steal at only $15!
15. Cami Jumpsuit in Tropical Print ($104): Resort much? If you’re looking to rock the jumpsuit look, can we suggest this print-astic pick?
18. T-Shirt Dress in Tropical Hibiscus Print ($72): Ah, the t-shirt dress, forever keeping us fashionable and comfy.
Which of these tropical pieces caught your eye? What are some of your other favorite warm weather prints? Leave us your thoughts in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!