Cheers to Our Sparkling Orange Pom Fizz!
With pomegranates and citrus in full season, why not use them to concoct a little something special to ring in the New Year? Jessica here with another seasonal sipper that is easy, economical, and utterly delicious. The Orange Pom Fizz!
Pomegranate juice, orange liqueur, and the crowd-pleasing Prosecco come together in this seasonal libation, and to add a little sparkle we rimmed the glasses with sparkling sanding sugar, easily found in the baking aisle of your favorite store.
Ingredients (makes 2)
– 4 ounces pomegranate juice
– 2 ounces orange liqueur, we used Patrón
– 8 ounces Prosecco (for a non-alcoholic beverage use a sparkling water)
– 15 pomegranate seeds
– orange slices
– sanding sugar
Getting those delicious pom seeds out of the fruit may look daunting, but follow these easy steps for flawless seeds every time:
1. Slice pomegranate open and cut in sections.
2. Place in a bowl and cover with cold water
3. With hands in the water, gently release the seeds from the flesh of the fruit.
4. Strain waste and enjoy an antioxidant-filled treat.
Now that you've prepped your pomegranate seeds, it's time to mix up this drink!
Run an orange slice along the rim of your glasses and dip tops into the sparkling sugar. Start with 2 ounces of pomegranate juice in each glass. You can use store-bought juice or make your own by pureeing seeds form one pomegranate and straining so you get about 1/2 a cup of juice.
Add equal amounts of orange liqueur. Stir, then pour prosecco over the mixture. Top with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately with an orange slice for garnish.
Jessica Ellingsworth, a maven for all things baking, makeup artistry, and mothering her 3 children, lives in Austin, TX. A graduate of the University of Missouri Journalism School, she is a freelance writer, aspiring food stylist, and blogs about her inspirations at Mayvn.com.
What will you be toasting to this year? Let us know your favorite New Year's eve cocktails @BritandCo!
This post has been updated.
- This Champagne Margarita Cocktail Recipe Will Replace Your ... ›
- The 24 Carat Champagne Cocktail - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Champagne Cocktails to Serve at Your Bridal Shower - Brit + Co ›
- Ring in the New Year With a Classic Champagne Cocktail Recipe ... ›
- 19 *Swell* Champagne Cocktail Recipes to Class Up Your Holiday ... ›
- 15 Champagne Cocktails to Toast 2015 All Year Long - Brit + Co ›