This Champagne Margarita Cocktail Recipe Will Replace Your Brunch Rosé
I'm very particular about my cocktails, but I like margaritas of all types, from sweet to sour, and in all forms. Margaritas are certainly high in my top-10 list of all-time favorite cocktails. If you're looking for a new margarita recipe to fall head-over-heels for, let me introduce you to the sparkling passion fruit margarita! It's tangy, salty, sweet and sparkly — in other words, it's your new cocktail obsession. This Champagne cocktail would be a hit at a (boozy) brunch, a fabulous wedding shower, your best friend's birthday, or simply a day that ends in "y."
- 3 1/2 ounces Tequila blanco
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or to taste)
- juice of half a lime
- pulp of 2 passion fruit
- coarse sea salt to frost the glass
- zest of a lime to frost the glass
- plenty of fresh ice
- passionfruit slices to garnish
- chilled Champagne or Prosecco to top up
Cut the passion fruit in half and spoon the pulp into a large glass or cocktail shaker. Pour in the tequila (remember: This is for two servings!).
Pour in the agave syrup and the lime juice.
Stir thoroughly and taste for sweetness — add more agave syrup if you prefer it sweeter or more lime juice if you like it sour.
Fill a shallow plate with coarse sea salt and add the zest of a lime. Moisten the rim of two chilled Champagne coupe or margarita glasses with a lime wedge.
Invert the glasses onto the plate to frost the glasses. Half fill the glasses with crushed ice. If you can't find crushed ice, simple blitz a handful of ice cubes in a high-power blender.
Strain the cocktail between the two glasses. If you like a little crunch, add a tablespoon of the passion fruit seeds in each glass — up to you.
Top with chilled Champagne or Prosecco and garnish with a thin slice of passion fruit. Serve immediately!
Follow us on Pinterest for more recipe inspo!
- 9 Insanely Refreshing Rosé Cocktail Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- How to Make a DIY Margarita Bar - Brit + Co ›
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo With 14 Twists on the Classic Margarita Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Spring Cocktail Recipes for Easter - Brit + Co ›
- Cheers to Our Sparkling Orange Pom Fizz! - Brit + Co ›
- 11 Elderflower Cocktail Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- A Spicy Paloma Cocktail Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- How To Make A DIY Prosecco Bar - Brit + Co ›
- Sip On This Honey Strawberry Basil Margarita Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- Celebrate National Rosé Day With This Peach Frosé Recipe - Brit + Co ›