When it comes to Champagne, we’re torn. As much as we love the elegance of sipping on a glassful of the good stuff, we certainly appreciate when it’s supplemented with a splash of booze and fruit juice. This roundup of 15 fizzy cocktails will help you decide for yourself which presentation you prefer. Reach for this collection when you’re looking to stretch the sparkling wine a bit further on New Year’s Eve, or if you want to cover up some of that budget-bottle taste. But be warned, each one makes it a whole lot easier to pop open a bottle of bubbly — cheers.
4. Raspberry-Black Pepper Champagne Cocktail: Fresh thyme and a turbinado sugar and black pepper rim tame the sweetness of this magenta sip. It’s scaled to make a big pitcher’s worth — in other words, a worthy candidate for your next party. (via The Candid Appetite)
5. 24 Carat Champagne Cocktail: Can we just talk about the edible gold glitter stars for a sec? No question, they’re the greatest garnish out there for a Goldschlager and Champers cocktail. (via Brit + Co)
7. Raspberry-Elderflower Pimm’s Cocktail: Elderflower Champagne is a welcome upgrade from the usual ginger beer or lemonade typically found in this refreshing, fizzy beverage. (via Lavender and Lovage)
8. Mother’s Ruin Punch: A cinnamon- and orange-tea-infused sweet vermouth is an extra special addition to this tasty punch. But don’t just take our word for it — its cult following tells you just how good it really is. (via Food52)
13. Sparkling Negroni: Adding sparkling wine to the classic negroni takes off a bit of the bitter edge. Happily, this trick makes it much more brunch-appropriate at the same time. (via The Crepes of Wrath)
14. The French 75: This is one classic cocktail recipe that you need to know by heart. It’s a definite crowd-pleaser, so be sure to have enough gin and lemons on hand to mix up batch after batch. (via PDXfoodlove)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy the fizzy stuff? Any go-to, budget-friendly bottles you’d recommend to your fellow readers? Let’s talk below!