Lemongrass & Sriracha Chicken Kebabs
Upgrade your weeknight meals with some new flavors! Perdue Fresh Cuts will save you time, and allow for some creative recipes to pop up on your average Tuesday.
Lemongrass and Sriracha Grilled Chicken Kebabs
Makes 8-10 skewers | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1 pack PERDUE® FRESH CUTS™ DICED
10-12 small metal skewers or bamboo skewers (soak in water before using)
1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 lemongrass stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 jalapenos, sliced into ¼ inch thick coins (omit jalapeños for a mild alternative)
oil, for brushing
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice (reserve from dipping sauce)
1 tablespoon grated or finely minced lemongrass, white part only
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Sriracha
1 (big) clove garlic, finely minced
Sweet Chili-Lime Dipping Sauce:
¼ cup Thai sweet chili garlic sauce
zest and juice of 1 lime
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
¼ cup chopped fresh basil, or Thai basil
- Add all the ingredients in the marinade in a small bowl. Stir to combine well with the chicken, in packaging. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your skewer vegetables and make the dipping sauce: Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and you’re done!
- Thread 1 chicken piece, 1 onion piece, 1 jalapeno coin, and 1 lemongrass piece onto a skewer, and repeat, ending with 1 chicken piece, 3 per 6-inch skewer (more if you use bigger skewers!).
- Brush or spray each skewer with oil or cooking spray.
- Heat up your grill pan before adding in skewers.
- Grill the skewers on all sides, about 2-3 mins per side, until chicken is cooked through, 170 degrees internally.
- Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with herbs, and serve with chili-lime dipping sauce.