8 Funny Ladies Who’ll Make You Laugh Just as Much as Amy Schumer
There aren’t a lot of celebrities who blew 2015 as far out of the water as Amy Schumer did. From the crazy success of the rom-com Trainwreck, which she wrote and starred in, to signing a massive book deal, Amy basically became the new face of women in comedy. So why not give some love to all the other funny ladies out there too? Amy may stay your number one, but these seven women comedians will give you as many side-splitting laughing fits as Amy does.
1. Jenny Slate: If you loved her hilarious and super-sweet 2014 indie film hit Obvious Child, you’re about to get really excited. Slate is teaming up with the Obvious Child production team again to make a new TV show that’s “like Thelma and Louise — but nobody dies.” Sounds pretty amazing to us. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
2 + 3. Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer: The wait is over! Broad City comes back this month for its third season, and these ladies have been on fire promoting it this past year. From their hilarious web series to their always-entertaining talk-show appearances, you’re definitely going to get a kick out of their relatable ridiculousness. (Photo via Theo Wargo/Getty)
4. Aparna Nancherla: If you’re a die-hard comedy fan, you’ve probably heard of this hilarious up-and-comer. She’s already known for her work as a writer for the FX show Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell and is definitely about to blow up — get in on the action early!
5. Nicole Byer: She’s been called the queen of MTV, and rightly so: This hilarious lady is working on not one, but TWO new shows for the network, in addition to already killin’ it on Girl Code. We predict she’s about to absolutely take over the comedy world. (via John Parra/Getty)
6. Chelsea Peretti: Get your weekly fix of this funny lady in Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s third season. She also came out with her own Netflix special last year, which confirmed just how naturally hilarious she is. Binge watch her old stand-up while you’re waiting for new episodes to air. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
7. Megan Amram: She wrote a book and scored a writer position on the hit show Parks and Recreation, but where this lady really shines is on Twitter. Her best one-liners include gems like, “The Revenant wasn’t even that funny” and “Why aren’t veterinarians called dogtors?” Follow her @meganamram now.
8. Jessica Williams: She was our top pick to replace Jon Stewart when he retired, but alas, we’ll have to settle for her continuing to crush it as a hilarious AND socially relevant correspondent on the show. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
Who’s your favorite lady comedian? Tweet us about her at @BritandCo!