20 Must-Haves for Your Game of Thrones Premiere Party
comingfinally over, and Game of Thrones is finally back! The premiere is April 6th, and we can’t wait. It’s time to celebrate, and no one knows how to celebrate like the characters on Game of Thrones. Kick off Season Four with a feast that would make all seven kingdoms of Westeros proud. We have everything you need — feast-worthy foods, themed decorations and out-of-this-world drinks. Get ready for the premiere with our 20 must-haves for your Game of Thrones party.
1. Bread and Salt: Two of our faves: warm bread and delicious salt. Guests can tear off a chunk of bread and dip it in the salt bowl in the center. This dish has the perfect rustic feast look, and it’s fresh out of the Game of Thrones cookbook. Score. (via Inn at the Crossroads)
2. Lamb Lollipops With Mint Pesto: When it comes to a rollicking medieval feast, we’re looking for a lot of delicious bone-in meat that you eat with your hands. Put out a platter of these lamb lollipops with crusty herbed skin and mint pesto. They’re perfect for spring and would be a hit at any table in Winterfell. (via Etsy)
3. Game of Thrones Talisman Necklace ($230): Get in the Game of Thrones spirit and let your guests know which house you’re rooting for by wearing one of these to the party. This new line of jewelry uses reclaimed silver and bronze to create themed necklaces for different houses competing for the Iron Throne.
4. Honeycomb Candy: You can do it. You can make your own honeycomb in your kitchen. It’s impressive, gorgeous and has the look we’re going for when it comes to a Game of Thrones feast. Honey also appears in a lot of desserts and drinks throughout the series. (via Always Order Dessert)
5. Game of Thrones Wax Seal Coasters ($20): Represent the families competing for the Iron Throne and protect your table from drinks with these themed wax seal coasters.
6. Violatium: Violatium is a celebratory drink from Ancient Rome. Violet blossoms are steeped in wine and honey to create a floral punch. We love this ancient drink for the premiere party, but honestly? We’d kinda love it at any spring shindig. (via Game of Brews)
8. Printable Invitations: Get the party started with these printable invitations! This template would also be great for a party menu, or you could pass them out to guests to jot down their predictions for the premiere. (via Inn at the Crossroads)
9. Wooden Wax Seal: Seal your invitations and make your own family sigil. Or, you know, just your initials. You can also add red wax stamps to your party decor by stamping vases, candle holders or glasses. (via Design Sponge)
10. Roasted Turkey Legs: Yes to more feast-worthy meats! Let your guests tear into a big platter of delicious roasted turkey legs. We love the addition of foil on the bones so you can eat with your hands without getting them too dirty. (via The Pioneer Woman)
11. DIY Mercury Glass Goblets: Get the medieval look with a modern update by making your own mercury glass goblets. These will fit in perfectly for your party and look great on your table for the rest of the year. (via Lovely Little Details)
12. Dragon Egg Cookies: Color us impressed. We can’t believe these super realistic dragon eggs are actually cookies. Get ready to wow your guests by making a batch of these at home. (via Semisweet Designs)
14. DIY Concrete Candles: Candles, candles, candles — it’s not a party table in King’s Landing unless its got plenty of pillars. We love this simple DIY version. Concrete candles give you lots of good flickery light and that vaguely ominous medieval look. (via Once Wed)
15. Art Nouveau Game of Thrones Prints ($18): Celebrate the ladies of the land and get some classy decorations for your walls! We love these glam art nouveau prints featuring a few of our favorite characters.
17. Dragon Wall Decals ($35): Dragons, dragons everywhere! Here’s an easy, non-permanent way to help your home get into the spirit.
18. Dragon Egg Easter Eggs: Game of Thrones and Easter come together in these glam little dragon Easter eggs. They get their awesome metallic texture from layered thumbtacks. Genius. (via Jacquie Long Legs)
19. Bunting Flag Garland: Feast venues always have awesome garlands in the background. We love the rustic look of the simple twine in this version. Use the flags to spell out the names of the different houses or quotes from the show. (via Ella Claire)
20. Swordsicles ($14): You know those amazing cocktails with popsicles floating in them? Give them a Game of Thrones twist with this sword-shaped popsicle mold, or just make some delicious themed pops for your party. Mead popsicle, anyone?
Hey, Game of Thrones fans! What’s your favorite food or party moment from the show? Any plans to throw your own premiere party? Let us know in the comments!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.