20 Must-Haves for Your Game of Thrones Premiere Party
comingfinally over, and Game of Thrones is finally back! The premiere is April 6th, and we can’t wait. It’s time to celebrate, and no one knows how to celebrate like the characters on Game of Thrones. Kick off Season Four with a feast that would make all seven kingdoms of Westeros proud. We have everything you need — feast-worthy foods, themed decorations and out-of-this-world drinks. Get ready for the premiere with our 20 must-haves for your Game of Thrones party.
1. Bread and Salt: Two of our faves: warm bread and delicious salt. Guests can tear off a chunk of bread and dip it in the salt bowl in the center. This dish has the perfect rustic feast look, and it’s fresh out of the Game of Thrones cookbook. Score. (via Inn at the Crossroads)
2. Lamb Lollipops With Mint Pesto: When it comes to a rollicking medieval feast, we’re looking for a lot of delicious bone-in meat that you eat with your hands. Put out a platter of these lamb lollipops with crusty herbed skin and mint pesto. They’re perfect for spring and would be a hit at any table in Winterfell. (via Etsy)
3. Game of Thrones Talisman Necklace ($230): Get in the Game of Thrones spirit and let your guests know which house you’re rooting for by wearing one of these to the party. This new line of jewelry uses reclaimed silver and bronze to create themed necklaces for different houses competing for the Iron Throne.
4. Honeycomb Candy: You can do it. You can make your own honeycomb in your kitchen. It’s impressive, gorgeous and has the look we’re going for when it comes to a Game of Thrones feast. Honey also appears in a lot of desserts and drinks throughout the series. (via Always Order Dessert)
5. Game of Thrones Wax Seal Coasters ($20): Represent the families competing for the Iron Throne and protect your table from drinks with these themed wax seal coasters.
6. Violatium: Violatium is a celebratory drink from Ancient Rome. Violet blossoms are steeped in wine and honey to create a floral punch. We love this ancient drink for the premiere party, but honestly? We’d kinda love it at any spring shindig. (via Game of Brews)
8. Printable Invitations: Get the party started with these printable invitations! This template would also be great for a party menu, or you could pass them out to guests to jot down their predictions for the premiere. (via Inn at the Crossroads)
9. Wooden Wax Seal: Seal your invitations and make your own family sigil. Or, you know, just your initials. You can also add red wax stamps to your party decor by stamping vases, candle holders or glasses. (via Design Sponge)
10. Roasted Turkey Legs: Yes to more feast-worthy meats! Let your guests tear into a big platter of delicious roasted turkey legs. We love the addition of foil on the bones so you can eat with your hands without getting them too dirty. (via The Pioneer Woman)
11. DIY Mercury Glass Goblets: Get the medieval look with a modern update by making your own mercury glass goblets. These will fit in perfectly for your party and look great on your table for the rest of the year. (via Lovely Little Details)
12. Dragon Egg Cookies: Color us impressed. We can’t believe these super realistic dragon eggs are actually cookies. Get ready to wow your guests by making a batch of these at home. (via Semisweet Designs)
14. DIY Concrete Candles: Candles, candles, candles — it’s not a party table in King’s Landing unless its got plenty of pillars. We love this simple DIY version. Concrete candles give you lots of good flickery light and that vaguely ominous medieval look. (via Once Wed)
15. Art Nouveau Game of Thrones Prints ($18): Celebrate the ladies of the land and get some classy decorations for your walls! We love these glam art nouveau prints featuring a few of our favorite characters.
17. Dragon Wall Decals ($35): Dragons, dragons everywhere! Here’s an easy, non-permanent way to help your home get into the spirit.
18. Dragon Egg Easter Eggs: Game of Thrones and Easter come together in these glam little dragon Easter eggs. They get their awesome metallic texture from layered thumbtacks. Genius. (via Jacquie Long Legs)
19. Bunting Flag Garland: Feast venues always have awesome garlands in the background. We love the rustic look of the simple twine in this version. Use the flags to spell out the names of the different houses or quotes from the show. (via Ella Claire)
20. Swordsicles ($14): You know those amazing cocktails with popsicles floating in them? Give them a Game of Thrones twist with this sword-shaped popsicle mold, or just make some delicious themed pops for your party. Mead popsicle, anyone?
Hey, Game of Thrones fans! What’s your favorite food or party moment from the show? Any plans to throw your own premiere party? Let us know in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.