20 Must-Haves for Your Game of Thrones Premiere Party
comingfinally over, and Game of Thrones is finally back! The premiere is April 6th, and we can’t wait. It’s time to celebrate, and no one knows how to celebrate like the characters on Game of Thrones. Kick off Season Four with a feast that would make all seven kingdoms of Westeros proud. We have everything you need — feast-worthy foods, themed decorations and out-of-this-world drinks. Get ready for the premiere with our 20 must-haves for your Game of Thrones party.
1. Bread and Salt: Two of our faves: warm bread and delicious salt. Guests can tear off a chunk of bread and dip it in the salt bowl in the center. This dish has the perfect rustic feast look, and it’s fresh out of the Game of Thrones cookbook. Score. (via Inn at the Crossroads)
2. Lamb Lollipops With Mint Pesto: When it comes to a rollicking medieval feast, we’re looking for a lot of delicious bone-in meat that you eat with your hands. Put out a platter of these lamb lollipops with crusty herbed skin and mint pesto. They’re perfect for spring and would be a hit at any table in Winterfell. (via Etsy)
3. Game of Thrones Talisman Necklace ($230): Get in the Game of Thrones spirit and let your guests know which house you’re rooting for by wearing one of these to the party. This new line of jewelry uses reclaimed silver and bronze to create themed necklaces for different houses competing for the Iron Throne.
4. Honeycomb Candy: You can do it. You can make your own honeycomb in your kitchen. It’s impressive, gorgeous and has the look we’re going for when it comes to a Game of Thrones feast. Honey also appears in a lot of desserts and drinks throughout the series. (via Always Order Dessert)
5. Game of Thrones Wax Seal Coasters ($20): Represent the families competing for the Iron Throne and protect your table from drinks with these themed wax seal coasters.
6. Violatium: Violatium is a celebratory drink from Ancient Rome. Violet blossoms are steeped in wine and honey to create a floral punch. We love this ancient drink for the premiere party, but honestly? We’d kinda love it at any spring shindig. (via Game of Brews)
8. Printable Invitations: Get the party started with these printable invitations! This template would also be great for a party menu, or you could pass them out to guests to jot down their predictions for the premiere. (via Inn at the Crossroads)
9. Wooden Wax Seal: Seal your invitations and make your own family sigil. Or, you know, just your initials. You can also add red wax stamps to your party decor by stamping vases, candle holders or glasses. (via Design Sponge)
10. Roasted Turkey Legs: Yes to more feast-worthy meats! Let your guests tear into a big platter of delicious roasted turkey legs. We love the addition of foil on the bones so you can eat with your hands without getting them too dirty. (via The Pioneer Woman)
11. DIY Mercury Glass Goblets: Get the medieval look with a modern update by making your own mercury glass goblets. These will fit in perfectly for your party and look great on your table for the rest of the year. (via Lovely Little Details)
12. Dragon Egg Cookies: Color us impressed. We can’t believe these super realistic dragon eggs are actually cookies. Get ready to wow your guests by making a batch of these at home. (via Semisweet Designs)
14. DIY Concrete Candles: Candles, candles, candles — it’s not a party table in King’s Landing unless its got plenty of pillars. We love this simple DIY version. Concrete candles give you lots of good flickery light and that vaguely ominous medieval look. (via Once Wed)
15. Art Nouveau Game of Thrones Prints ($18): Celebrate the ladies of the land and get some classy decorations for your walls! We love these glam art nouveau prints featuring a few of our favorite characters.
17. Dragon Wall Decals ($35): Dragons, dragons everywhere! Here’s an easy, non-permanent way to help your home get into the spirit.
18. Dragon Egg Easter Eggs: Game of Thrones and Easter come together in these glam little dragon Easter eggs. They get their awesome metallic texture from layered thumbtacks. Genius. (via Jacquie Long Legs)
19. Bunting Flag Garland: Feast venues always have awesome garlands in the background. We love the rustic look of the simple twine in this version. Use the flags to spell out the names of the different houses or quotes from the show. (via Ella Claire)
20. Swordsicles ($14): You know those amazing cocktails with popsicles floating in them? Give them a Game of Thrones twist with this sword-shaped popsicle mold, or just make some delicious themed pops for your party. Mead popsicle, anyone?
Hey, Game of Thrones fans! What’s your favorite food or party moment from the show? Any plans to throw your own premiere party? Let us know in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.