20 Non-Traditional Garnet Engagement Rings That Are Gorgeous
Remember how much you loved those opal engagement rings we showed you? Well, we’ve got good news: Opals aren’t the only stone you’ll go gaga over. This round of non-traditional engagement rings features the gorgeous garnet gemstone. While garnet is widely recognized as the January birthstone, you don’t have to be a January baby to don this precious gem. Whether hand-set among diamond micro-pavé or kept in its naturally raw state, garnet makes for a gorgeous engagement ring for the non-traditional bride.
1. Solitaire Garnet Ring With Unique Prong ($760): Move over, diamonds — there’s another precious stone that needs some serious recognition. Garnet, bold in its naturally red state, makes for a stunning engagement piece. We’re especially digging this handmade rhodolite garnet and 14k gold ring.
2. Half Eternity Garnet Ring Set ($726): If you thought it couldn’t get any better than a half eternity garnet ring, think again. This matching rose gold band with mini diamonds is all your story needs to live out its happily-ever-after promise.
3. Customizable Diana Ring ($1,545): Inspired by the original ring Princess Diana put in the pages of fashion magazines all around the world, the Diana ring features an oval cut red garnet accented with diamonds in a rose gold setting. If you’ve ever wondered what it would feel like to be royalty, slip this ring on and you’ll find out!
4. Maejean Vintage Victorian Garnet Ring ($295): Preserved from the late 1800s, this vintage ring brings together all the elegance and grandeur of the Victorian era. Featuring a yellow gold solitaire set on a 10k rosy yellow gold band, this charming piece will stay classically beautiful for many years to come.
5. Rhodolite Garnet Sterling Silver Ring ($188): How many people can say their engagement ring is eco-friendly? Now you can! This gorgeous garnet piece is hand-set in a tapered sterling silver bezel made from genuine Argentium Silver, a recycled sterling silver.
6. Gemvara Emerald-Cut Carrie Ring ($1,480): This bold, stunning garnet is set in a delicate and feminine band with gems halfway around the finger.
7. Juliet and Oliver Rose Gold Garnet Engagement Ring ($600+): Crafted from high-polish rose gold and a red garnet surrounded by a halo of brilliant diamonds, this gorgeous engagement ring is one you need on your hand ASAP.
8. Bliss Lau Garnet Bliss Ring ($6,900): This sparkly stunner combines a “four directions oval” garnet with a 14k yellow gold double-band set with white diamond micro-pavé.
9. Ring Crush Raw Garnet Ring ($44+): Garnets’ bohemian origin is played up in this natural raw garnet ring set in rose gold-fill. Beautiful when stacked with other rings or just on its own, this boho beauty is sure to give off serious indie vibes.
10. Emms Antiques Bohemian Garnet Ring ($300): If you’ve got a thing for floral designs, try this flirty flower-inspired garnet cluster ring. Composed of 830 silver yellow gold and 21 garnets, this vintage stunner will have you feeling as elated as if you were frolicking in a field of flowers.
11. Crimson Red Garnet and Recycled Gold Ring ($628): You’ve already found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Now, you can say you found your perfect ring with this stunner set on a delicate, beaded band.
12. Pink Garnet Engagement Ring ($930): Though red garnet is a sure favorite, blush pink garnet isn’t shabby at all. Try out this refreshing take on the January birthstone. Handmade from a blushy pink garnet gem and recycled gold, this unique ring is all that you need to represent a one-of-a-kind relationship.
13. White Gold Garnet Ring ($1,689): Red garnet, diamonds, and palladium white gold come together to create this simply stunning engagement ring. Purposefully made 100 percent nickel-free to avoid potential yellowing, this band is sure to stay as even colored as the day you got it for many years to come.
14. Oval Garnet Ring ($798): Simplicity never really goes out of style. Case in point? This lovely and classic rendition of the garnet ring set into a 14k yellow gold band.
15. Red Solitaire Garnet Engagement Ring ($386): Handmade from 14k solid gold and a Solitaire cut red garnet, this engagement ring features a four-prong design, which allows for more light to shine through. Nothing wrong with a little extra sparkle.
16. Five Stone Garnet Ring ($1,800): What better way to showcase your love for garnets than with five of them set in 14k white gold? It’s elegance in the form of a ring.
17. Minimal Garnet Engagement Ring ($148): If you’re all about the less-is-more lifestyle, go minimalist with this delicate solid gold garnet ring in 14k yellow gold. Simplicity and class never looked so good.
18. Vintage Garnet Engagement Ring ($495): This vintage garnet ring is everything you need to make a statement. It’s made in a classic round design with a big garnet stone at the face of the ring and the 14k solid gold.
19. Garnet and Diamond Art Deco Minimal Ring ($967): This vintage-inspired garnet gemstone is accompanied by two brilliant cut diamonds in a 14k mount with a slim band.
20. Red Garnet and Diamond Twisted Engagement Ring ($455+): The combination of the unique, cushion cut gemstone and twisted diamond band in this engagement ring will give your special someone a double-take.
Craving more of these precious gemstone settings? Follow us on Pinterest for more engagement ring and wedding inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.