The Most Pinterest-Worthy Celebrity Engagement Rings of 2015
2015 was a year full of seriously devastating breakups. Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck called it quits. Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert split and Kaley Cuoco and Ryan Sweeting announced in September that they decided to end their marriage. But it hasn’t been all Ben and Jerry’s and marathons of Lifetime movies in Hollywood. This year a whole slew of celebs have said “yes” to their partners. And where there is a celeb engagement there is usually a massive engagement ring. Get your Pinterest boards ready folks, because we’re getting the feeling you’re about to go a little pin-happy while scrolling through the best celebrity engagement rings of 2015.
1. Ali Fedotowsky: The former Bachelorette said “I do” back September to radio host Kevin Manno who she met off-screen. After the proposal Kevin took to Twitter to share the news. He wrote, “I put a ring on it.” Attaboy Kev, we’re happy to see that Beyoncé taught you well. (Photo via @alifedotowsky)
2. FKA Twigs: Rumors of FKA Twig’s engagement to Robert Pattinson began swirling back in April but the two had yet to officially confirm anything they appeared together on the red carpet of the Met Gala. The duo seemed to quietly make their commitment public as they cozied up to one another on the red carpet with the ring fully on show. (Photo via Larry Busacca)
3. Iggy Azalea: While 2015 was a tough year for Iggy in some ways, a highlight was definitely when her professional basketball playing boyfriend Nick Young proposed to her at his birthday party. People reports that the diamond is 10.43-carats and was designed by Young himself (with the help of Beverly Hills jeweler, Jason Arasheben). The stunning piece consists of an 8.15-carat fancy intense yellow diamond with a white diamond halo set into white gold. (Photo via @thenewclassic)
4. Lady Gaga: Taylor Kinney proposed to Lady Gaga this past Valentines Day with what other than a heart-shaped engagement ring. According to Yahoo, a heart-shaped diamond of that size is super rare – like there are under 20 in the entire wholesale diamond market rare. An expert tells them, “a diamond of that caliber, size and clarity could easily run upwards of $500,000.” Casual. (Photo via @ladygaga)
5. Bryiana Dyrdek: MTV’s Rob Dyrdek proposed to his now wife Bryiana Noelle with the most elaborate Disney proposal we’ve seen in a long time. While they were at Disneyland watching an Alladin show Rob slipped away and suddenly entered the stage on an elephant. He called his unexpecting lady up on stage with him, got down on one knee and popped the question. (Photo via @bryiana_noelle)
6. Alison Brie: Try not to be too jealous folks, but it looks like Dave Franco is now officially off the market. He proposed to his longtime girlfriend Alison Brie with this stunning rose gold ring set with rose cut diamond and diamond pave. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Julianne Hough: After her NHL playing boyfriend Brooks Laich proposed back August, Julianne shared a sweet pic of the two of them but made us wait for a shot of that ring. Luckily, she didn’t make us wait too long. She shared this snap of her new bling a few days later alongside her full engagement story on her lifestyle website. (Photo via Julianne Hough)
8. Emma Bunton: It looks like Baby Spice isn’t such a baby anymore. The former Spice Girl took to Twitter after her partner Jade Jones proposed after eleven years together. She captioned her pic, “Yahooooo I’m Engaged! Love you Jade! I’m a very happy lady!!”(Photo via @emmabunton)
9. Nicki Minaj: Okay so the jury is still out as to whether Nicki and her boyfriend Meek Mills are *actually* engaged or not but we’re adding her in anyway. Back in April Nicki shared a photo of a giant yellow, heart-shaped stone but the couple denied they were engaged. Then she shared another massive ring Meek gifted to her for her birthday. If she’s not engaged yet, she’s definitely one lucky lady. (Photos via @nickiminaj)
10. Eva Longoria: The Low Riders actress was in Dubai for the Dubai International Film Festival with her longtime businessman beau Jose Antonio Baston when he popped the question right in the middle of the desert. Eva’s fiance picked out a stunning ruby solitaire set in a diamond halo and a platinum band. (via @evalongoria)
What’s been your favorite celebrity engagement of 2015? Share with us on Twitter @britandco.